Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex - Duke Football Coach David Cutcliffe is probably available

Has ties to the region and could be great for recruiting.

Just saying.

Cutcliffe to Carson-Newman would be quite the rumor!

Comment

If Carson-Newman had a head coach position open it would be quite the rumor, despite the fact that it would never happen and C-N doesn't have an open HC position as of right now lol.

On the flip side, former Eagle Doug Belk is rumored to be one of 2 candidates for Defensive coordinator for new Florida head coach Billy Napier. Doug is the associate HC and DC for Houston.

Comment

If a vacancy became available for a coaching position for a Division 2 football program, I believe Coach Cutcliffe would possibly be a nice option. At this point in his career, I believes he's better suited in rebuilding (righting the ship) a struggling D2 program than a D1 program. He's always run 'clean' programs over the years, and is without a doubt a very good QB coach.

Comment

I think Coach Cutcliffe was making close to $3 million a year, I would bet one of the power 5 schools is already courting him as an OC or offensive analyst. Taking a D2 HC job would be one heck of a pay cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
            I think Coach Cutcliffe was making close to $3 million a year, I would bet one of the power 5 schools is already courting him as an OC or offensive analyst. Taking a D2 HC job would be one heck of a pay cut.
            We had a hard enough time hiring a coach after Turner. No one wanted the job. Who is passing the joint around campus?

Comment

Better grab Luke Fickell before ND gobbles him up.

Comment

I was told that LR hired a former Duke Head coach, Fred Goldsmith in the past, but he was less than successful during his tenure.

Comment

Last edited by Mule; 12-02-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Steiner View Post

We had a hard enough time hiring a coach after Turner. No one wanted the job.
                    This is just not true

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X