• Eagle74
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

How much do you know about D2 stadiums?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    From the pictures I'm seeing above, LRs stadium is going to be nice. Probably the best in D2.
    How much do you know about D2 stadiums?

Leave a comment:

• Bearhof
    replied
    Been awhile since I posted but just a couple updates on LR stadium. We have no material delays forthcoming because Looper construction procured all this before the project even started. This is according to the project manager Matt. Secondly we just approved an extra expenditure of eighty thousand to relocate two huge power generators out of site. Things are in the works to secure funding for some other major projects on campus as well. Spring practice is going good and there is a battle for the qb. Position that seems wide open.

Leave a comment:

• exbuff72
    replied
    Capacity?

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    Not really, I'm just a realist because I've seen projects like this play out before.

Fact is, I hope that not only the project is completed on time, but it ends up being just as the plans projected, which would by far make it the best looking football stadium in the SAC.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    You have literally tried to come up with any reason possible as to why L-R will not get this project done. That's the point I was making.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about any substantial amount of snow in Hickory NC, but maybe you can enlighten us.
    It's sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Weather delays? Really? I missed the memo that Hickory got 34 feet of snow.
    I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about any substantial amount of snow in Hickory NC, but maybe you can enlighten us.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    I'm confident that it will end up being pretty nice. Unfortunately, the weather delays may end up pushing back the completion date.
    Weather delays? Really? I missed the memo that Hickory got 34 feet of snow.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    I'm confident that it will end up being pretty nice. Unfortunately, the weather delays may end up pushing back the completion date.

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    replied
    From the pictures I'm seeing above, LRs stadium is going to be nice. Probably the best in D2.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    Originally posted by BEARS View Post

Yeah you keep saying that the project will be scaled back. But I have yet to hear this from literally anybody else.
    We'll wait and see the end results.

fortune.com/.../08/steel-prices-2021-going-up-bubble Steel up over 200%

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...high-price-tag

High prices for concrete and cement until at least mid-2022 (now extended)
    Last edited by Eagle74; 03-29-2022, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RedFromMI
    replied
    I was watching the recent LR-Queens men's lacrosse game and you could see that some of the concrete risers were being poured for the home side of the new stands. Looks like good progress so far.

Leave a comment:

• BEARS
    replied
    www.delcompany.com/news/lru-moretz-stadium-east...

Looks like (without any weather or material delays) the scheduled completion date for Moretz Stadium remains as August 2022. Due to highly inflated (and soring) construction materials and labor cost, the project may be scaled back from earlier plans. However, it should still be a vast improvement over the former facilities.
    Yeah you keep saying that the project will be scaled back. But I have yet to hear this from literally anybody else.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X