Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Signing Day

NSD is today. Any big names? Favorite prospects? Diamonds in the rough?

Some inter-SAC transfers. Toney Black (9 sacks, 41 tackles) DE from Barton transferred to LR, believe he has 4 years of eligibility. Tre Luttrell former LR WR (probably the best weight room guy on the team) transferred to Carson-Newman where he will be playing QB.

Comment

Carson-Newman also got an OL from Tusculum and a DB from Erskine.

From what I've been told that RB the Eagles signed from Eastern Randolph can play.

Comment

Here's UVA-Wise's page for National Signing Day: Signing Day (uvawisecavs.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
          NSD is today. Any big names? Favorite prospects? Diamonds in the rough?
          The answers to your questions for Limestone are:
          No, No, & I doubt it

The school usually posts a list of signees on the athletics website but as of this time, they have not done so for this year's class.

Comment

In my opinion, CN's signing class for the most part, still leaves a lot of questions not fully addressed with certain positions. With this signing class, there's decent quantity, but aside from a few that possibly have impact potential, we will see how the quality aspect turns out as it pertains to performing at a competitive Division 2 level..

https://cneagles.com/sports/m-footbl...20220201yngeb3

I'm also curious as to how many CN players decided to transfer or step away from football completely.

Comment

CN has a bunch of transfers. See some decent FCS programs and even FBS (UVA) on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                CN has a bunch of transfers. See some decent FCS programs and even FBS (UVA) on that list.
                I sure hope the FCS and the UVA transfers all work out. Looks as though they didn't really log much playing time at all while they we at those larger programs. This may give them the opportunity to play some college ball with CN, especially in the upcoming season.

Comment

Looks like, so far, 6 out of 15 signees for UVA-Wise are from the Knoxville/Gatlinburg area.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post

The answers to your questions for Limestone are:
                    No, No, & I doubt it

The school usually posts a list of signees on the athletics website but as of this time, they have not done so for this year's class.
                    Limestone has not posted a release, but has put up a number of signings on their football twitter feed.

@LimestoneFB is the Twitter handle.

Comment

Newberry picked up a good QB from Gardner-Webb!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I sure hope the FCS and the UVA transfers all work out. Looks as though they didn't really log much playing time at all while they we at those larger programs. This may give them the opportunity to play some college ball with CN, especially in the upcoming season.
                        Just because they didn't log playing time doesn't mean anything. Braxton Westfield didn't play hardly at all when he was at James Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Limestone has not posted a release, but has put up a number of signings on their football twitter feed.

@LimestoneFB is the Twitter handle.
                          Yes, I follow the team account on Twitter and .mostly what the team account posted is a name & photo of signee, no profile in terms of where they're from, height & weight, position, etc...I have seen some of that from the kids' individual Twitter accounts but a full rundown in one place to get a look at the entire class would be nice...like we used to get on the website every year.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Just because they didn't log playing time doesn't mean anything. Braxton Westfield didn't play hardly at all when he was at James Madison.
                            Yep, and the very talented Trey Mitchel transferred in from ETSU (and actually logged a lot of D1 playing time), and yet the CN coaching staff didn't have a clue on how to utilize his proven skills.

Trey MitchelUPDATE:

Trey Mitchel entered the trade portal in mid to late October.

Also: In reference to the Trade Portal, this was sent out December 29th.

ElijahDavis
                            @EjDavis30Dec 29, 2021
                            Carson Newman Running back / Returner Transfer 2 years of eligibility remaining 6.8 yards per carry 23.8 yards per return Open to any schools!
                            Last edited by Eagle74; 02-06-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Ill repeat what I've said before.. I could care less what he did at ETSU. Means nothing.
                              Last edited by canadarican; 02-08-2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X