Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limestone Press Conference

Limestone will hold a press conference Monday, March 7, at 10am.to introduce the next football coach. For those interested, it will be live-streamed on the school's main website, the athletics website and social media platforms.

From the press release sent out this morning:

Limestone University To Announce New

Head Football Coach On Monday, March 7
    Press Conference To Be Held Inside Hines & Riggins Center

To announce its new head football coach, Limestone University will hold a press conference on Monday, March 7, at 10 a.m., inside the Hines & Riggins Center on campus.

The Limestone community, general public, and Saints fans are all invited to attend. University staff members, if their schedule allows, are welcome to attend the press conference at the Hines & Riggins Center.

The press conference will also be live-streamed at www.GoLimestoneSaints.com and www.limestone.edu

The official announcement of the new head football coach will be made by Limestone President Dr. Darrell Parker and Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Mike Cerino.

The press conference will be held inside the meeting room on the first floor of the Hines & Riggins Center. Refreshments will be served immediately after in the lobby of the building.

Comment

Once again, even in naming the new head coach, Limestone still can't get it right. Instead of naming the new head coach either Thursday or today, on Friday, Athletic Director Cerino decides to name the head coach this upcoming Monday.

Why does this show Cerino's inability to manage a football program as an athletic director.

Monday is the first day of SPRING BREAK. No players on campus. No students on campus. No faculty/staff on campus. And this was suppose to be a big-deal.... The naming of the new head coach should have been planned for the end of this past week when players, students, facultystaff are present to welcome the new head coach to Limestone... The new coach gets to meet the players right away and be a part of a new future for Limestone football....

With that being said, look forward to the naming of the 5th head football coach in the past 8 years of Limestone football.....

Comment

You do realize the press conference is Monday so the process can begin to hire new staff ASAP. The search was not complete in time to do the announcement yesterday or today, from what I hear.

There is no significant difference in announcing say today as compared to Monday if a football player is leaving for Spring Break, because there is no chance a new head coach to meet with an entire team in less than a day or two - at least on an individual basis. And there are some students around during that week as well as all of the staff (as they only get one day off next week). And some faculty as well, as most live nearby.

Your hatred of Cerino gives way to wild attempts at just finding anything you disagree with and making that your new case as to why he does not belong there. I think you just need to relax a bit.

Comment

Live stream link:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/limestone/

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Your hatred of Cerino gives way to wild attempts at just finding anything you disagree with and making that your new case as to why he does not belong there. I think you just need to relax a bit.
            And your love for Cerino should get you field passes for the next lacrosse game or or special seating for the next esports tournament....
            Last edited by Saints17; 03-07-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Coach Furrey coming back to Limestone.... Got alot of work ahead of you Coach....

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                Congrats to Coach Furrey coming back to Limestone.... Got alot of work ahead of you Coach....
                I for one am totally excited to have Coach Furrey back. I think the program will get headed in the right direction. Congratulations to Dr. Parker and to Mike Cerino and the others who were involved in getting Coach Furrey back. I know I have been critical of Cerino at times and I really shouldn't have used this forum for that. I regret letting my frustrations & emotions speak for me. I love Limestone and want to see us succeed not only in athletics but in academics as well. Again, I hate that I got caught up in a lot of negativity and for that I am sorry. Have a great day everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post

I for one am totally excited to have Coach Furrey back. I think the program will get headed in the right direction. Congratulations to Dr. Parker and to Mike Cerino and the others who were involved in getting Coach Furrey back. I know I have been critical of Cerino at times and I really shouldn't have used this forum for that. I regret letting my frustrations & emotions speak for me. I love Limestone and want to see us succeed not only in athletics but in academics as well. Again, I hate that I got caught up in a lot of negativity and for that I am sorry. Have a great day everybody!
                  Don't need to apologize Saints21. Our criticisms of Cerino led to Dr. Parker to getting involved. I was at the press conference yesterday and the word is the Furrey has much more overall say in the program without, and this is important, the interference of Cerino. Curt Lamb is not going to have the overall authority is running the strength program for the football team. Everything has to be run through Furrey first. Also found out that part of Lamb's title is Assistant AD with direct authority over the football program, then it moves up the chain to Cerino. That responsibility has been taken away from Lamb thanks to Dr. Parker.... All positive moves for the Saints football program....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X