Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers?

We are around the time of year that schools are releasing their 2022 rosters. Are there any players of note that are missing from your team's roster? Anybody new on your team?

Not sure if they transferred or just simply left, but CN is missing a number of key skill position players (that weren't Seniors) from last year's roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      Not sure if they transferred or just simply left, but CN is missing a number of key skill position players (that weren't Seniors) from last year's roster.
      2021 Top 5 Rushers
      Troy Dendy-Transfered to FVSU
      Lamarcus Brown- I was told what was going on with this young man and will not share it publicly out of respect for him and the person who told me.
      Elijah Davis-senior and graduated
      Jelan Pearson is back
      Mister Hogue is gone but Idk if he caught on somewhere.

QB's
      Lamarcus Brown-see above
      Trey Mitchell is gone and not playing anywhere
      Micah Young was kicked off the team last year.

WR's
      Korey Waters is back
      Braxton Westfield is back and in shape
      Romain Kelly is gone to ETSU. He was a senior
      JJ Lewis graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

2021 Top 5 Rushers
        Troy Dendy-Transfered to FVSU
        Lamarcus Brown- I was told what was going on with this young man and will not share it publicly out of respect for him and the person who told me.
        Elijah Davis-senior and graduated
        Jelan Pearson is back
        Mister Hogue is gone but Idk if he caught on somewhere.

QB's
        Lamarcus Brown-see above
        Trey Mitchell is gone and not playing anywhere
        Micah Young was kicked off the team last year.

WR's
        Korey Waters is back
        Braxton Westfield is back and in shape
        Romain Kelly is gone to ETSU. He was a senior
        JJ Lewis graduated.
        Westfield is a major weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

Westfield is a major weapon.
          I agree, but if he's blanketed by the D with double coverage, and the QB doesn't have the protection, time, or accuracy to get him the ball, he will pretty much be a nonfactor.

Comment

I watched an interview with Coach Furrey last night and according to him, Limestone ended Spring practice with 120 players. That number was down to 40 going into the summer. We now have 180 kids on the roster so he has added 140 players by way of incoming Freshman and transfers. What, if any, impact any of them will have remains to be seen. We'll find out starting next Thursday I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I agree, but if he's blanketed by the D with double coverage, and the QB doesn't have the protection, time, or accuracy to get him the ball, he will pretty much be a nonfactor.
              OL should be better these year. 3 guys who missed last year for various reasons and were expected to be starters are back, along with some other guys.

I mean...it can't be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post
                I watched an interview with Coach Furrey last night and according to him, Limestone ended Spring practice with 120 players. That number was down to 40 going into the summer. We now have 180 kids on the roster so he has added 140 players by way of incoming Freshman and transfers. What, if any, impact any of them will have remains to be seen. We'll find out starting next Thursday I guess.
                Coach Furrey has always been a great exagerator!!! I just looked at the football 2022 website and it lists 120 current players including freshmen and transfers...

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post

Coach Furrey has always been a great exagerator!!! I just looked at the football 2022 website and it lists 120 current players including freshmen and transfers...
                  I've heard the same number (180) from others, either in athletic administration or on the academic/admissions side. I would think kids who are redshirting may not be listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

I've heard the same number (180) from others, either in athletic administration or on the academic/admissions side. I would think kids who are redshirting may not be listed.
                    They have around that number in total. But I don't think that anyone gets put on the listed/published roster until full university and NCAA clearance has happened. Classes at Limestone just started today, and drop/add deadline is in about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

They have around that number in total. But I don't think that anyone gets put on the listed/published roster until full university and NCAA clearance has happened. Classes at Limestone just started today, and drop/add deadline is in about a week.
                      Thanks for the info/insight.

Comment

Here's UVA-Wise's 2022 roster

Comment

Here is the current Limestone roster: https://golimestonesaints.com/sports/football/roster

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X