Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBERRY vs. North Greenville

Hat's off to North Greenville! They gave NEWBERRY all they could handle and probably should have won the game. We were lucky to get out of there with a win. We are gonna have to play better on the defensive side of the ball or we will not have a chance at a repeat SAC Championship. Multiple times during the game, we left receivers wide open for big gains. Hopefully we can correct this before we get into the meat of the SAC schedule.

Hail to the Scarlet and Gray!

I was at the game with a friend, and we both noticed that when Newberry was ON - NGU couldn't do anything - offensively or defensively. Most of NGU's drives were the result of sloppy play from Newberry and some truly boneheaded penalties.

But, that's the game of football, right? It's the whole game, not just small parts of it.

But, I think this game was closer than it should've been and as good as the NGU QB can scramble (and recover from an absolutely devastating hit on the goal line), I think Newberry wins that game more often than not.

I talked with one of the coaches and he mentioned that just cleaning up their game is a huge priority right now. Those penalties really, really hurt Newberry on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post
      I was at the game with a friend, and we both noticed that when Newberry was ON - NGU couldn't do anything - offensively or defensively. Most of NGU's drives were the result of sloppy play from Newberry and some truly boneheaded penalties.

But, that's the game of football, right? It's the whole game, not just small parts of it.

But, I think this game was closer than it should've been and as good as the NGU QB can scramble (and recover from an absolutely devastating hit on the goal line), I think Newberry wins that game more often than not.

I talked with one of the coaches and he mentioned that just cleaning up their game is a huge priority right now. Those penalties really, really hurt Newberry on Saturday night.
      Totally agree.

Hail to the Scarlet and Gray

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post

I guess what concerned me was the defense giving up over 320 yards through the air.

Hail to the Scarlet and Gray!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X