Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Todd Knight & Staff

Unfortunately, Newberry did not make the top 7 in the Region. I was hoping winning the SAC for the 2nd year in a row, plus defeating Wingate would propel us to at least #6 or #7 in the region.

I do want to thank Coach Todd Knight and staff on a great season even without the playoffs. Before the Todd Knight era, Newberry was rarely mentioned as a conference Champion or play-off contender. He and his staff has raised the expectations for football at Newberry. The Newberry faithful have come to expect to compete for the Championship every year. And Coach Knight and staff has done this in spite of not having as nice of facilities as some of the other schools. Thank you Coach Knight and we will be back next year to compete for back to back to back!

Now I will pull for Wingate and Limestone as I'm sure they will represent the SAC very well!

Hail Scarlet & Gray!
    Git'em Wolves!

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
    Unfortunately, Newberry did not make the top 7 in the Region. I was hoping winning the SAC for the 2nd year in a row, plus defeating Wingate would propel us to at least #6 or #7 in the region.

I do want to thank Coach Todd Knight and staff on a great season even without the playoffs. Before the Todd Knight era, Newberry was rarely mentioned as a conference Champion or play-off contender. He and his staff has raised the expectations for football at Newberry. The Newberry faithful have come to expect to compete for the Championship every year. And Coach Knight and staff has done this in spite of not having as nice of facilities as some of the other schools. Thank you Coach Knight and we will be back next year to compete for back to back to back!

Now I will pull for Wingate and Limestone as I'm sure they will represent the SAC very well!

Hail Scarlet & Gray!
    Git'em Wolves!
    I thought for sure you guys would jump into the top 7. I know you guys are disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

I thought for sure you guys would jump into the top 7. I know you guys are disappointed.
      I was also surprised our designated champion was not chosen for po. Not sure why unless it was the close game with a very bad Catawba team or the loss to CN. They don’t consider the qb was injured then. My opinion was that Newberry and West Ga should have been in instead of Wingate and Fort Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

It was very disappointing; however, just goes to show how important it is to win the games you are expected to win. There are no off weeks in the SAC anymore. I think last year Newberry had a playoff caliber team with the defense we had. We gave up less than 300 yards per game. This year, there were games our defense played really well, then other games (Limestone) where we couldn't stop anything.

I think Limestone will compete well in the playoffs with the offense they have. That offense will give other teams trouble. I think Wingate will do well because of their strong defense. It is tough to score on the defense that Wingate has.

Newberry will be back in the hunt next year, without a doubt.

Comment

If I'm completely honest, the team I think really got screwed is West Georgia. They probably have one of the best offenses in DII fottball right now and could have gone very deep in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X