Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    Canadarican on point as always. Biggest games I see each week are:

Week 1: Limestone at UWG. Could be a statement game for Limestone. Would love to see them prove last season was not just a flash in the pan.
    Week 2: Wingate at Mars Hill. MH can prove they are the dominant force in a weaker Mountain Division. Wingate lost a bunch in the offseason - will be interesting to see how they come out this year.
    Week 3: Tusculum at Wingate. Tusculum are always hard to judge. Wingate playing the class of the Mountain division early on.
    Week 4: LR at Carson-Newman. Rivalry game up in east Tennessee. I want to see the Eagles improve this season, but not at the expense of the Bears.
    Week 5: Mars Hill at Limestone. Could be a big cross division showdown.
    Week 6: LR at Limestone. This is a make-it-or-break-it year for the LR coaching staff. Need to take down most (read all) of the heavy weights this season.
    Week 7: Limestone at Wingate. I promise I'm not even too terribly high on Limestone, they just have some massive games to start the year.
    Week 8: LR at Newberry. First real test of the season for the Indians comes in the graveyard against LR. This one has the potential of being a real classic.
    Week 9: LR at Wingate and Newberry at Limestone. Can't pick between the two. Y'all had better get out both your TVs and pay double for Flo for this week.
    Week 10: Wingate at Newberry is the pick, but MH vs TC is a titanic matchup in the Mountain.
    Week 11: Betting on a LR vs Mars Hill SAC Bowl this year!

A few observations. (1) Limestone has a brutal schedule, they could easily lose 5 or 6 games and still be a top 4 team in the SAC in terms of talent. (2) Newberry play Wingate and LR at home. (3) Emory and Henry could be a surprise team, they played some of the big boys tight last year and play some decent local squads early in the year - should test their resolve for the big games down the stretch. (4) LR plays Limestone, CN, Wingate, and Newberry on the road. The expectation has to be winning most of these games, but man if this isn't a brutal away schedule.

Any thoughts?
    I don't like Limestone playing on the road for game 1 on a Thursday nite for some reason. I think a split of the the first 2 games is a realistic goal. As for the conference slate, who knows?. I do agree that Limestone probably will have better/more talent this season but could see fewer wins. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Coach Furrey and his staff have done a good job of convincing the players that they're as talented as any team in the SAC & that it's a matter of execution from week to week as to how successful they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

I don't like Limestone playing on the road for game 1 on a Thursday nite for some reason. I think a split of the the first 2 games is a realistic goal. As for the conference slate, who knows?. I do agree that Limestone probably will have better/more talent this season but could see fewer wins. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Coach Furrey and his staff have done a good job of convincing the players that they're as talented as any team in the SAC & that it's a matter of execution from week to week as to how successful they will be.
      I'm still convinced, with no disrespect to the actual winner, that Furrey should've been COTY last year.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I'm still convinced, with no disrespect to the actual winner, that Furrey should've been COTY last year.
        You'll get no argument from me on that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X