Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberry at Erskine

Though the Newberry Offense is struggling to establish a running game on offense, I don't expect this to be a very close game. Our defense is good enough to completely shut down their offense, and our offense will be able to move the ball against a weak Erskine defense with ease. This Newberry team is pretty young, plus they have had several injuries that are going to hurt us over the remainder of the season. As bad as I hate to admit it, I think it would be unrealistic to expect this team to compete for a 3rd SAC Championship.

Halftime- Newberry 17- Erskine 7
    Newberry Defense is playing very well only giving up 52 yards of offense in the first half.
    Offense for Newberry looks good tonight, Both back Wright and Murray have over 100 yards rushing.

Comment

The only score for Erskine came from a kick-off return for touchdown. Newberry has looked good so far.

Comment

Newberry wins 24-17
        Defense played well for Newberry giving up just over 200 yards of offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
          Newberry wins 24-17
          Defense played well for Newberry giving up just over 200 yards of offense.
          That was an odd game. Just weird. It felt like Newberry should've been up by like 3 to 5 scores and then next thing you know the Fleet are kicking an onside kick to try to go tie the game!

Comment

Great bounce back Erskine from LR game. Very respectable performance against Newberry.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

That was an odd game. Just weird. It felt like Newberry should've been up by like 3 to 5 scores and then next thing you know the Fleet are kicking an onside kick to try to go tie the game!
              I agree. It was strange. Newberry dominated on paper, and watching, I never felt that Newberry was in danger of losing, yet they only won by a touchdown. Coach Knight was not happy with the defenses effort in the second half. He felt our defense was sluggish and playing the second half as though we had already won the game. Also, Eskine switched Quarterbacks in the second half which gave them a little spark running the ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X