Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limestone-Barton

Another win that was closer than it should have been. Miscues in the place-kicking game continue and most likely cost us the games vs W. Ga & LR. & ultimately a playoff berth. Yesterday we missed a PAT & had another FG blocked. Stewart put up about 225 on the ground & Noller had over 300 passing. I would like to say how impressed I was with Barton's stadium/facilities. Just a top notch setup. I've been everywhere in the SAC except E&H (next week) & I must say Barton is one of, if not, the nicest stadiums I've been to for a conference game. I would say overall, West Georgia is the nicest stadium I've been to with Benedict not far behind.

LR has problems with fg and extra points too. We missed our extra point against Wingate that probably cost us the game. Missed a chip shot fg in Catawba game as well. Apparently you have not been to the LR stadium and facilities since our 18 million dollar renovation. It turned out really nice and has been considered one of the top five stadiums in all of D2. Tough season this year for Saints because I think you have a much better team this year than last and would be a tough out in po. Early season qb injury really hurt your chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      LR has problems with fg and extra points too. We missed our extra point against Wingate that probably cost us the game. Missed a chip shot fg in Catawba game as well. Apparently you have not been to the LR stadium and facilities since our 18 million dollar renovation. It turned out really nice and has been considered one of the top five stadiums in all of D2. Tough season this year for Saints because I think you have a much better team this year than last and would be a tough out in po. Early season qb injury really hurt your chances.
      Based on our conversations when I met Limestone Tailgating, he has been to L-R. Guy has only missed like 5 Limestone games since they started if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Based on our conversations when I met Limestone Tailgating, he has been to L-R. Guy has only missed like 5 Limestone games since they started if I remember correctly.
        Yes, I was at the LR-Limestone game in Hickory last year. In saying how much I liked Barton is not me saying anyone else has a bad facility. Objectively speaking, I know Limestone has the least best of all conference facilities. I was just really wowed not just at physical stadium but the entire atmosphere and we had a little bit of a walk from where we parked/tailgated but I've had further walks at other places. At the half, it was an easy walk to get over and check out the home side as well. Again, just one fan's opinion, nothing legally binding, Lol. And yes Canadarican, you are correct, my wife and I have been blessed to have missed only 5 games in program history.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X