Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Torbush

Carl Torbush passed away last night. 72.

The Sunday morning after we played ETSU to open up their new stadium, I was in our hotel lobby & realized most all of the ETSU players' families were staying there. I saw Coach Torbush and I went over to wish him and the team good luck for the rest of the season. He was really nice & down to earth. We ended up having a 15 minute conversation about BBQ of all things. It was a great moment that I'll never forget.

Comment

He was diagnosed with ALS just a week ago. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
        He was diagnosed with ALS just a week ago. Sad.
        Indeed that is so sad.

Comment

Very sad situation. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences for former Coach Torbush's family.

Comment

Wow what a shock to hear this news of Carl Torbush passing away. Great competitor and very talented athlete. I knew Carl from growing up in Knoxville and later played against him in college football. He for CN and I was with LR. He and a couple of his teammates came up to me after one of our games and were amazing with their compliments and sportsmanship. I never forget how mature and professional they looked especially Carl and Butter Hubbs. Always figured had we stayed in Knoxville I would’ve been at CN with several of the guys I grew up playing with and against. I know you just scored your biggest victory entering the house of your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X