Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Top 4 Finish

LR finished the season number 4 in the AFCA coaches poll. A strong finish for the Bears; 3rd top four finish in the past 10 years (2013, 2019, 2023) to go along with top 10 finishes in 2014 and 2018. LR football is on the rise!

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    LR finished the season number 4 in the AFCA coaches poll. A strong finish for the Bears; 3rd top four finish in the past 10 years (2013, 2019, 2023) to go along with top 10 finishes in 2014 and 2018. LR football is on the rise!
    That’s carrying the SAC banner very well. We need to assess what is needed to make the next level more possible. I think it is depth at the line, defensive backs and better special teams. We need to find more elite players across the board as well. The reload of talent is very important this year because we have some great players who will be seniors next year. Rest is for lazy people and Bear Time has no lazy.

Comment

I've been following Coach Jacobs' twitter on the recruiting trail for the past several years. It feels like he's cranked it up a notch with the caliber of (especially transfer) athletes he's looking into for next year. I agree with you, the core group of seniors we've got returning could give us the best chance we've had at a NC is a while so long as we can reload at areas where we're losing some guys. Improving at the kicker position is a must.

Comment

Well, Harding proved that a private college can dominate and win a D2 National Football Championship, so that tidbit of information can now be used for recruiting.

Comment

Just posted today the D2football poll.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            Just posted today the D2football poll.
            https://www.d2football.com/top-25-poll-12-19-2023/

This has LR ranked at #7 which is very good considering the Bears lost to Wingate who lost to Tusculum who lost to Emory & Henry who lost to Carson Newman who fired their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

This has LR ranked at #7 which is very good considering the Bears lost to Wingate who lost to Tusculum who lost to Emory & Henry who lost to Carson Newman who fired their coach.

I was waiting on this post…..

Figure (4+7)/2= 5.5 so I’ll say the Bears finished 5.5 for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I was gonna say because they wouldn't beat any of the teams ranked in front of them but sure your way works. Crazy that 3 of those 4 will have new HCs.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I was gonna say because they wouldn't beat any of the teams ranked in front of them but sure your way works. Crazy that 3 of those 4 will have new HCs.
                  Just curious how many would be in front of Carson Newman? I would guess 83 since they had a losing record.
                  Last edited by Bearhof; 12-20-2023, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                    Recruiting is going great so far with several big time recruits hitching on to Bears momentum and success. We are making a statement about our commitment to being a consistent top level program.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Just curious how many would be in front of Carson Newman? I would guess 83 since they had a losing record.
                      Oh wow. You got me....

Comment

Carson Newman's recruiting is going absolutely awesome. Prepare to also see some very talented transfers on this coming season's roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X