• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jacobs heading to Mercer leaving LR

Mike Jacobs heading to Mercer leaving LR

Second coach they've taken from us

Comment

Not great news for the Bears. I wonder about how this impacts our recruiting class. The one thing Jacobs is better than just about anybody in the country at is recruiting high quality, 4 year players to LR. Also, with the national signing day just a few weeks away, the timing is less than ideal. I hope this doesn't mean a mass exodus of key contributors from the past couple of years.

But let's be honest, Bear fans. We've been pretty lukewarm about the staff's in game coaching ability from the get-go. Defense is elite but offensive play calling and decision making (especially during the 2022 season) was shaky at times. I can respect the idea that we never got "our guy" at QB, but you'd think with recruiting being the strength of the team that we would have gotten that figured out. Wishing Jacobs and Mercer the best of luck.

I have all the faith in the world that Kim Pate et al will get an outstanding hire in there. We've seen it in football, baseball, soccer, lax among others, this admin knows the right people.

Comment

I never had the impression he was very comfortable here.

The timing could have been better. But at the end of the day, schools at our level are feeders to bigger opportunities. Just know who we are and attract more up and coming ambitious candidates.

Comment

Given the fact that LR is a very successful and desirable program in a great town and in a great conference, I have no doubt that Pate will likely have her pick from several resumes of quality candidates who would give their left nut for the opportunity with the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
            Given the fact that LR is a very successful and desirable program in a great town and in a great conference, I have no doubt that Pate will likely have her pick from several resumes of quality candidates who would give their left nut for the opportunity with the Bears.
            I promise you we are well prepared to handle the recruiting situation and Jacobs is a man of integrity who loves it here but its just too big of an opportunity to pass up. The list for the opportunity to coach at LR has attracted some very capable resumes and we also have a in house coach being strongly considered. The future is bright and positive for our football program.

Comment

Nice spins being put on a potentially very bad situation. Losing a very good coach and excellent recruiter just days before national signing day is a less than desirable situation.

Potential recruites / transfers now don't have a clue what type of offence or defence they may be getting into, and with a coaching change recruites can simply walk away from verbal commitments.

Now looking for a respectable quality replacement this late in the recruiting battles could lead into just settling for anyone willing to fill a slot.
              Last edited by Eagle74; 01-18-2024, 05:28 PM.

Comment

This will be a huge uphill battle, recruits leaving and I bet many people will hit the portal

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Nice spins being put on a potentially very bad situation. Losing a very good coach and excellent recruiter just days before national signing day is a less than desirable situation.

Potential recruites / transfers now don't have a clue what type of offence or defence they may be getting into, and with a coaching change recruites can simply walk away from verbal commitments.

Now looking for a respectable quality replacement this late in the recruiting battles could lead into just settling for anyone willing to fill a slot.
                  You came through with exactly the response I expected. Its definitely a good time to message how terrible it will be at LR especially if you’re there competition. We have our defensive coordinator as interim head coach and the recruiting is still very much in play and has been our best class in years. So much for wishing and being positive during CN coaching search.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

You came through with exactly the response I expected. Its definitely a good time to message how terrible it will be at LR especially if you’re there competition. We have our defensive coordinator as interim head coach and the recruiting is still very much in play and has been our best class in years. So much for wishing and being positive during CN coaching search.
                    If you have looked on Twitter many recruits have already decommitted

Comment

Originally posted by SACgrad View Post

If you have looked on Twitter many recruits have already decommitted
                      Please let us know which have decommited….

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

Please let us know which have decommited….
                        Don't let the trolls get to ya. LR will be fine. They're a championship program.

Comment

Originally posted by SACgrad View Post
                          This will be a huge uphill battle, recruits leaving and I bet many people will hit the portal
                          You should not post false information on here. There has been only one recruit who de committed and he was contacted and re committed. Obviously you have something against LR.

Comment

Prime Bear's spin doctor with rose colored glasses. Yea, I'm sure thing are really going to be great with Coach Jacobs jumping ship, and not a single recruit or transfer (especially those on the fence) are in anyway even considering other more stable options. Who knows, with everything presently going so great, the Bears may not even need a new coach, new transfers, or new recruits to sign.

Comment

You should not post false information on here. There has been only one recruit who de committed and he was contacted and re committed. Obviously you have something against LR.
                              I have nothing against LR. I’m just being a realist here. There are 2 options they have. I’ll try and be real simple for you, 1 they rush a hiring to have a coach by signing day to fill out the empty roster spots could be a gold hiring could really hurt them. 2 they wait and find the guy they want but he won’t get a good recruiting class coming in late.

They have too stay in-house to keep players around from transferring but knowing LR they will run off the best options of in-house so we shall see

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X