Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuskegee forced to chase money over championships

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/08/02/t...championships/
    Tuskegee decided to compete for a national championship a decade ago. But the financial realities have led to a change of course.

I think those back to back 5-5 seasons made this decision very easy for TU. When they get back to their winning ways I have a feeling they will pull out of the Turkey Day Classic to get back in the playoff hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      I think those back to back 5-5 seasons made this decision very easy for TU. When they get back to their winning ways I have a feeling they will pull out of the Turkey Day Classic to get back in the playoff hunt.
      Yeah it did. Also we have fallen way behind on facilities, which probably affects the level of recruits we have been getting lately. A winning tradition isn't cutting it anymore. Hopefully our new president has plans to update the stadium soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

Yeah it did. Also we have fallen way behind on facilities, which probably affects the level of recruits we have been getting lately. A winning tradition isn't cutting it anymore. Hopefully our new president has plans to update the stadium soon.
        Updated facilities especially Tiger Stadium are definitely needed for Tuskegee. Tradition isn't what sells recruits at the D2 level they care about facilities and how many players have made it to the "league" in the last 5-10 years from your program". Just look what Edward Waters just did with their new stadium, with them applying for full D2 membership as well as SIAC membership I have no doubt they'll raise their level of recruits with a great facility to show off. Tuskegee can dump $2-4 million into renovating the stadium and playing surface and it'll be in line with the other nice SIAC stadiums (Benedict, Savanah State & CSU).

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Updated facilities especially Tiger Stadium are definitely needed for Tuskegee. Tradition isn't what sells recruits at the D2 level they care about facilities and how many players have made it to the "league" in the last 5-10 years from your program". Just look what Edward Waters just did with their new stadium, with them applying for full D2 membership as well as SIAC membership I have no doubt they'll raise their level of recruits with a great facility to show off. Tuskegee can dump $2-4 million into renovating the stadium and playing surface and it'll be in line with the other nice SIAC stadiums (Benedict, Savanah State & CSU).
          Yes that is why unfortunately we won't be able to compete in the D2 playoffs for a few years. We have to play some money games to get the funds to do some upgrades. One of our biggest paydays is when we play Alabama State on Thanksgiving Day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X