Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVSU/TU::ONE MORE TIME!!!!

I do believe these two teams will meet again in the SIAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and both will make playoffs,,

Originally posted by OLD CAT View Post
    I do believe these two teams will meet again in the SIAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and both will make playoffs,,
    I believe Benedict may have something to say about that. That Thursday night game in October between Benedict and FVSU will be a big one.

Comment

Benedict is the class of the SIAC again this year. However, the SIAC has painted themselves into an interesting box at this point. With them doing away with divisions Benedict, Albany State, and Tuskegee could all end up undefeated in conference play. Granted there are schools like Miles and Allen still floating around out there that could spoil things, but if these three run the table it will be interesting to see how the tiebreaker plays out.

Comment

It will come down to if FVSU beats ASU then FVSU goes to the SIAC Championship vs. Benedict. If ASU beats FVSU, then Tuskegee will go if it beats Miles. If both FVSU & Tuskegee lose this week, you will see ASU go with having the tiebreaker vs. Miles. The FVSU vs. Tuskegee regular season outcome will have no bearing since it was a non-SIAC game.

Comment

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post
          It will come down to if FVSU beats ASU then FVSU goes to the SIAC Championship vs. Benedict. If ASU beats FVSU, then Tuskegee will go if it beats Miles. If both FVSU & Tuskegee lose this week, you will see ASU go with having the tiebreaker vs. Miles. The FVSU vs. Tuskegee regular season outcome will have no bearing since it was a non-SIAC game.
          Actually, in most tie breakers that would be true but SIAC is different. So things aren't that simple.

"Non-Conference games (including those between SIAC schools) may be used to determine head-to-head results among tied teams."

So if Benedict wins they are in. If TU wins they are in because they already beat FVSU, even though it was a OOC game. If TU loses and FVSU wins then FVSU is in. If both TU and FVSU lose then you would have a 4 way tie for second place with 4 teams with 6-2 conference records. If TU, FVSU, and Benedict lose then you would have a 5 way tie for second place (granted I'm not sure if Allen is eligible for the conference championship this year).

Things also get to the three way tie scenario if Benedict loses and FVSU and TU win.

All I can say is that this week 10 is about to be crazy because Benedict, TU, and FVSU all have in state rivalry games against teams with winning records so nothing is a giving.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/10/29/s...-tie-breakers/

Comment

Miles is beating up Tuskegee and Albany State beat FSU. So that leaves a 4 way tie for second place. According to the SIAC Albany State wins out the tiebreaker.

https://thesiac.com/news/2023/11/3/s...-the-pack.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X