Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU

Who will be the next ECU Football Coach?

Re: ECU

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Who will be the next ECU Football Coach?
    Bret Bielema! lol.. At least he's coaching like a D2 coach! Wait, I shouldn't insult some of our great coaches! Which by the way, its going to be a hard vote for coach of the year this year!! I mean, could be said HU coach for turning his team from a 0-3 start to 8-3, others would say ATU, for nobody believing they'd be a 8-3 team! Others would obviously vote for OBU bc of the GAC championship, but my honest vote would be HU, because a 1st year coach could have thrown in the towel, but perservered! Nothing against you Fred, because you guys definitely are in the race, but its hard to argue against the 0-3 to 8-3 finish! Coach of the year is more than a championship! But still good luck saturday tigers!

Comment

I'd love for it to be Knight, but I think it has to be Harding coach.

At one point I was thinking the SNU coach, but they faltered down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
        Bret Bielema! lol.. At least he's coaching like a D2 coach! Wait, I shouldn't insult some of our great coaches! Which by the way, its going to be a hard vote for coach of the year this year!! I mean, could be said HU coach for turning his team from a 0-3 start to 8-3, others would say ATU, for nobody believing they'd be a 8-3 team! Others would obviously vote for OBU bc of the GAC championship, but my honest vote would be HU, because a 1st year coach could have thrown in the towel, but perservered! Nothing against you Fred, because you guys definitely are in the race, but its hard to argue against the 0-3 to 8-3 finish! Coach of the year is more than a championship! But still good luck saturday tigers!
        Yes, Harding didn't pack it up. Much respect even though I genuinely don't like em.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
          I'd love for it to be Knight, but I think it has to be Harding coach.

At one point I was thinking the SNU coach, but they faltered down the stretch.
          Coach Knight got the award he wanted when Harding beat ATU!

Comment

Comment

Lots of good hs coaches in the east part of the state. I think Bill Blakenship is at Owasso.
              Go Bronchos!

Comment

Comment

Big news coming out of Ada today I think.

Comment

Ada Evening News has published an article confirming that Al Johnson will be the next ECU head coach.

http://www.theadanews.com/sports/loc...ea487c2ca.html

On the surface it looks like a great hire and someone who will bring good energy to the program.

Comment

I could not be happier or more excited. Brought it a younger guy that has a pretty good resume, has absolutely no ties to the university or state for that matter, and someone that will bring their own culture to the program that already has somewhat of a solid foundation. Great day to be Tiger!

Comment

Are y'all comfortable with a GA O-line coach stepping into your head coaching role? I get that this is D2, but still, that's a massive, massive jump.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                          Are y'all comfortable with a GA O-line coach stepping into your head coaching role? I get that this is D2, but still, that's a massive, massive jump.
                          There is no doubt that this is a gutsy hire, no doubt at all. However, to me the risk is not whether he knows his football, but how he will handle the team/administrative things. Also, don't let the title of GA fool you. He has coordinator experience, and also has an amazing playing career under his belt.

This guy is a brand new face at ECU, and he will completely flip the culture there. This admin did the same thing with Coach Havens and the basketball team, and they have been at the top of the conference for two years straight. This is very excited for ECU.

Comment

I certainly think the learning curve is going to be on dealing with the administrative side of things, as he has ample football experience at the highest level.

It is kind of apples to oranges but Wisconsin's DC is Jim Leonard and is only in his 2nd year of coaching and has been very successful. The NFL career should translate well to the coaching side. As a player we all have the coaches and coaching styles that we like and dislike, as well as schemes and decision making.

Comment

The rest of the staff: http://ecutigers.com/news/2018/1/29/...all-staff.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X