Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview of Live United Bowl

For those interested, you can find a section on the matchup between ATU & PSU: http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2166

I may have had a small part.:wink:

Re: Preview of Live United Bowl

Great stuff from both of you. We appreciate it.

Comment

After the way Pitt started the season, I don't know anyone who thinks this will be an easy win for Pitt. I worry about a scenario similar to the WSU and Ft Hays games. Where the Pitt D does well enough to keep them in it, and maybe the O gets them a small lead, then the D gives up 1-3 big plays to get beat at the end.

If Pitt can make them pass with a 3 man front like they did against Emporia, I like Pitt's chances. If Pitt has to run with 4 down and/or bring a lot of LB/Safety pressure, I like ATU's chances.

I definitely expect a great game, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        ...If Pitt can make them pass with a 3 man front like they did against Emporia, I like Pitt's chances. If Pitt has to run with 4 down and/or bring a lot of LB/Safety pressure, I like ATU's chances...
        I think that is likely to be slim to none, in terms of success. While UAM uses a 3 man front (and managed to beat Tech by 1 point), Tech just turned around and gashed them on the ground for 217 yards (6.6 ypc) and 4 TDs. Pitt is going to have to bring at least 4.

The question, as you rightly point out, is will Pitt have to bring the LBs or Safeties to help on the pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
          I think that is likely to be slim to none, in terms of success. While UAM uses a 3 man front (and managed to beat Tech by 1 point), Tech just turned around and gashed them on the ground for 217 yards (6.6 ypc) and 4 TDs. Pitt is going to have to bring at least 4.

The question, as you rightly point out, is will Pitt have to bring the LBs or Safeties to help on the pressure?
          Pitt will bring LBs or safeties for help on pressure whether we need to or not. It's kinda Weimers's thing. I'm guessing we see a lot of 3 man fronts--especially the one where a backup LB comes in as a stand-up NG--but then a couple of additional rushers coming out of the defensive backfield on most plays.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
            Pitt will bring LBs or safeties for help on pressure whether we need to or not. It's kinda Weimers's thing. I'm guessing we see a lot of 3 man fronts--especially the one where a backup LB comes in as a stand-up NG--but then a couple of additional rushers coming out of the defensive backfield on most plays.
            Bringing them when you want and bringing them because you have to are different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

Pitt will be out to stop the run first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                After the way Pitt started the season, I don't know anyone who thinks this will be an easy win for Pitt. I worry about a scenario similar to the WSU and Ft Hays games. Where the Pitt D does well enough to keep them in it, and maybe the O gets them a small lead, then the D gives up 1-3 big plays to get beat at the end.

If Pitt can make them pass with a 3 man front like they did against Emporia, I like Pitt's chances. If Pitt has to run with 4 down and/or bring a lot of LB/Safety pressure, I like ATU's chances.

I definitely expect a great game, either way.
                With all due respect to PP and all my GAC friends, I DO believe this will be an easy win for Pitt. Pitt rolls in full of confidence, and why shouldn't they, the Wonder Boys are coming off a heartbreaking loss. I'll take the mo over the woe is me. Coming in second in the GAC pick 'em this year, I do know a little about how GAC teams play. And, of course, I have followed Pitt closely as always even though they were hard to watch early in the year. My dear friend Armo, who has finished behind me in the GAC pick 'em the last few years, predicted a one point win for Tech. My magic 8 ball says ain't happening. Glad it's being streamed tomorrow when we all learn the the truth, I will be watching from sunny California! Go 'Rillas.

Comment

Tech 31
                  Pitt 14

Comment

I have trouble seeing that many teams are just going to roll over this Tech squad. They (PSU) may very well beat Tech, but it should be a very competitive game. Tech played OBU and HU very competitively which makes me believe they will be in the game. But, Like I always say, let the teams meet on the field to decide how it will be on the scoreboard at the end of the 4th qtr.

Again, this should be a good game.

P.S. I was unaware Armo was picking games. Did you guys have something on the side?

Miss you GG. When you get back to God's country let me know. LOL !!!:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Guy View Post
                      With all due respect to PP and all my GAC friends, I DO believe this will be an easy win for Pitt. Pitt rolls in full of confidence, and why shouldn't they, the Wonder Boys are coming off a heartbreaking loss. I'll take the mo over the woe is me. Coming in second in the GAC pick 'em this year, I do know a little about how GAC teams play. And, of course, I have followed Pitt closely as always even though they were hard to watch early in the year. My dear friend Armo, who has finished behind me in the GAC pick 'em the last few years, predicted a one point win for Tech. My magic 8 ball says ain't happening. Glad it's being streamed tomorrow when we all learn the the truth, I will be watching from sunny California! Go 'Rillas.
                      Gonna be very shocked if it's an easy win for either side.

By the way, have you picked against HU both weeks in playoffs so far? If so, keep it up.

Comment

Finally gameday. Lets go Wonder Boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                          I have trouble seeing that many teams are just going to roll over this Tech squad. They (PSU) may very well beat Tech, but it should be a very competitive game. Tech played OBU and HU very competitively which makes me believe they will be in the game. But, Like I always say, let the teams meet on the field to decide how it will be on the scoreboard at the end of the 4th qtr.

Again, this should be a good game.

P.S. I was unaware Armo was picking games. Did you guys have something on the side?

Miss you GG. When you get back to God's country let me know. LOL !!!:smile-big:
                          I thought I was in God's country now! lol. I will surely do that and I miss you and all my D2 pals.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                            Gonna be very shocked if it's an easy win for either side.

By the way, have you picked against HU both weeks in playoffs so far? If so, keep it up.
                            I have been rooting for Harding every game in the playoffs and will do so again today. It's great to see a GAC team still alive when all the MIAA teams have been bounced out. Go Bison! However, I'm sticking with my prediction on Pitt State :good:

Comment

Originally posted by tech boys View Post
                              finally gameday. Lets go wonder boys!
                              pitt state

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X