Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 National Signing Day (Feb 7, 2018)

Originally posted by Redready View Post
    The Reddies sign 48. I think people like red over purple. :wink:
    D2 teams are allowed 36 equivalent scholarships to field a team. Do the math. Then see why I say quality over quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
      D2 teams are allowed 36 equivalent scholarships to field a team. Do the math. Then see why I say quality over quantity.
      To be fair Fred, us private schools are at a disadvantage in terms of numbers. HSU can offer a player 1000 a year and academics or grant money will pay rest of tuition at public institution and essentially a full. Offer a 1000 a year at HU or OBU and it won't even be close to full scholly.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
        To be fair Fred, us private schools are at a disadvantage in terms of numbers.
        I was going to post this exact point.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
          To be fair Fred, us private schools are at a disadvantage in terms of numbers. HSU can offer a player 1000 a year and academics or grant money will pay rest of tuition at public institution and essentially a full. Offer a 1000 a year at HU or OBU and it won't even be close to full scholly.
          That's why private schools can't shoot craps. OUACHITA seems to get the majority of the best Arkansas highschool D2 caliber players every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
            I am aware of the 36. I know some of them are signing with no money. I know a RB that played for years on next to nothing scholarship money. He was a quality player in the GAC. You also back an Arkansas school and know about the Arkansas Scholarship Fund for the Arkansas HS kids. Tuition is lower at state schools and some kids/parents take advantage of this opportunity to close the gap. Not to mention they just want to play for HSU over OBU. :).

I also personally know kids that have played FB for some of the private schools like OBU and HU, and the AR Scholarship helped them close a financial gap and were able sign with a higher cost private school.

I think you can agree that you have seen quality players come from all of the GAC schools. And I think you can also agree that we have seen non quality players come out of all the GAC schools.
            Yep. This is going to be a fun year.

Comment

I see some potential players to fill the needed holes with the Reddies. I like this class from what I see. Hope they stay around.

Comment

Comment

He didn't t appear on the list that I saw. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. If he wasn't good enough to play at SAU, I'm not too concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                    I see some potential players to fill the needed holes with the Reddies. I like this class from what I see. Hope they stay around.
                    That is a big reason I think that we didn't go the JUCO route as heavy this year. There is always washout, but if you have the potential to have more of them for four years then it gives you stability. By the way, love what Drago is doing in our off season S&C program. Thanks for sending him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
                      That is a big reason I think that we didn't go the JUCO route as heavy this year. There is always washout, but if you have the potential to have more of them for four years then it gives you stability. By the way, love what Drago is doing in our off season S&C program. Thanks for sending him down.
                      I miss Darren. He will continue to do a great job there. This will help the UAM program.

Comment

http://www.d2football.com/forum/newr...treply&t=90337

Comment

I just spent 30 mins putting our recruits together by position and that is what posted.......it's a good thing people don't think I'm an IT guy.......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X