Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Ball

How is everyone's programs spring going? Obviously, ECU has a new staff, and I think I speak for most of the Tiger Family when I say the morale and excitement is higher than it has been in a while. I am hearing great things out of Ada about the program and Coach Johnson. We start spring ball in April, so I will be attending as many practices as I can, including the spring game.

Re: Spring Ball

This team is really embracing "gang tackling". I just wish it was on the field and not in the local bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Racous Ranger View Post
      This team is really embracing "gang tackling". I just wish it was on the field and not in the local bars.
      I laughed. I've also never seen someone hammer their own team as consistently as you do, Racous.

Comment

Freshman QB is looking good for us, looks like it's his job. Drew Harris will definitely get plenty of snaps at QB. But this year he will throw it!!! We're very deep at RB and WR. Oline is your typical Oline, coached by arguably the best Oline coach in the conference. The defense will be the question mark. Will the shakeup on defensive coaching staff pay dividends? Dline looks ok should be better at getting at QB , LB Corp took the biggest hit from graduation. The secondary has the talent to be one of the best in the conference. Will the new DB coach get them over the hump and gain some respect? Looking forward to 2018!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          Freshman QB is looking good for us, looks like it's his job. Drew Harris will definitely get plenty of snaps at QB. But this year he will throw it!!! We're very deep at RB and WR. Oline is your typical Oline, coached by arguably the best Oline coach in the conference. The defense will be the question mark. Will the shakeup on defensive coaching staff pay dividends? Dline looks ok should be better at getting at QB , LB Corp took the biggest hit from graduation. The secondary has the talent to be one of the best in the conference. Will the new DB coach get them over the hump and gain some respect? Looking forward to 2018!!!!!
          You're a lot more enjoyable when you sound reasonable. Stay in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
            I laughed. I've also never seen someone hammer their own team as consistently as you do, Racous.
            Ditto. He Spares nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
              We need a change here. It's a toxic environment, too much deceit and trouble all in the name of just win baby. Ironic that we haven't been able to win much anyway.

Comment

Comment

I was also proud of the crowd. Awesome for the players! Hopeful for a great turnout Thursday. Weather is supposed to be nice. Drago continues to improve and put his stamp on the defense. Very athletic and physical. Offensive line is as deep as any D2 school could ask for. I can remember several years ago when we would have been proud to have the 2nd unit as our starters. Rb's are also very talented and deep. Been impressed with several of the redshirt freshman. QB group is solid. I believe Sears will be one of the best in the GAC. The other 2 are battling for backup but are also very talented. How quick the WR's come on is the question mark. Could be another very explosive offense. Go Weevils!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Weevil View Post
                    I was also proud of the crowd. Awesome for the players! Hopeful for a great turnout Thursday. Weather is supposed to be nice. Drago continues to improve and put his stamp on the defense. Very athletic and physical. Offensive line is as deep as any D2 school could ask for. I can remember several years ago when we would have been proud to have the 2nd unit as our starters. Rb's are also very talented and deep. Been impressed with several of the redshirt freshman. QB group is solid. I believe Sears will be one of the best in the GAC. The other 2 are battling for backup but are also very talented. How quick the WR's come on is the question mark. Could be another very explosive offense. Go Weevils!!

Comment

Comment

After spring game heres my take.
                        1. Offense will be the strength of our team again this year.
                        2. RB corp will be the best in GAC.
                        3. If 6'7" WR McElroy shows up this year opposing secondaries are in trouble.
                        4. Defense very suspect with no depth at most positions. LB corp looks very unexperienced and secondary looks confused at times. We will how to outscore opponents again this year to be successful.
                        5. We will compete and have a good shot at winning another GAC Championship.

Comment

Reddies will be ok on defense. Have some good talent returning.

The areas that will have to step up will be kicking game (new kicker), and offense QB (new QB). The starting QB will have to win the job during the fall camp. It's open at this point.

If the RB's stay healthy this year, it will help the new QB. I liked RB #41 last year when in the game and looks like he is ready for this year.

HSU should be it's typical team (unlike last year) and be tough during the conference games.

Comment

https://twitter.com/uamsports/status...816059392?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                              After spring game heres my take.
                              1. Offense will be the strength of our team again this year.
                              2. RB corp will be the best in GAC.
                              3. If 6'7" WR McElroy shows up this year opposing secondaries are in trouble.
                              4. Defense very suspect with no depth at most positions. LB corp looks very unexperienced and secondary looks confused at times. We will how to outscore opponents again this year to be successful.
                              5. We will compete and have a good shot at winning another GAC Championship.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X