Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Spring

Well... Spring ball has came and went under the leadership of Coach Al Johnson and his staff. This past Saturday was their spring game, and it was great! There was a great turnout including new signee's and almost 100 junior recruits. Here are some of my take-a-ways from the day.

Coaching staff: These guys seem to be the real deal. I got to talk to almost every single one for about 10-15 mins, and I can tell they are high character men. So far, this staff seems to be a great hire, and I am glad that they are leading out program.

Offense: Despite that bad last couple of years, we are very talent in a few spots; particularly RB (Douglas), WR (Benson), and maybe QB. The QBs looked solid the other day, but we will see how they look this fall after passing the eye test in the spring. Numbers are low in some spots and that is to be expected with the new staff and spring in general. Overall, I'm very excited to see the product Coach Duckworth and Coach Johnson put out this fall.

Defense: This is probably what I'm most excited about with this team. In a short time with the new staff, the front 7 are disciplined and aggressive, and fast on the edge. The back end is aggressive and communicate well. Again, the numbers are down in some spots, but should be ready to rock and roll this fall with some new additions. Coach Fenelus is exactly what this defense needs.

Overall: It is an exciting time for ECU all around. The last staff gave us 11 good years and really improved our program for the better, but I believe this staff has the ability to really build on it. This is an atmosphere that I have not experienced in Ada for quite some time. As always, the win/loss column will answer everything, but I am very excited for the future of ECU.

Fight on!

Re: ECU Spring

that's great for Ada, that new energy is always contagious. Spring has sprung and it's great to be optimistic. Hope it works out for them, would be good for the conference, except on September 15th at your place of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
      that's great for Ada, that new energy is always contagious. Spring has sprung and it's great to be optimistic. Hope it works out for them, would be good for the conference, except on September 15th at your place of course.
      No doubt! New energy is great, but it doesn't win games!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
        No doubt! New energy is great, but it doesn't win games!
        Curious about the depth you described. Southern Ark had issues late in the season the past couple of years, and ECU may struggle late like SAU did. ECU is just not quite there yet. Definitely going to have a good game against SE Ok this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X