Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest places/stadiums to play in?

Anyone have a ranking of toughest places to play at?

Re: Toughest places/stadiums to play in?

For me it would be Top 5

1. Henderson State
    2. Harding
    3.OBU/SAU
    4. Tech
    5. UAM / SE

Comment

The Reddies haven't had much trouble going anywhere in the last five or six years (31-game road winning streak from 2011-2017, loss to OBU last November was HSU's first ever GAC road loss).

That being said, the UAM trip is tough in my mind just because of that field.

Comment

1. Henderson - Fans are pretty good, it (for whatever reason) seemed to be hot when we played there, and the turf was very slick. Just not fun.
        2. UAM - Grass is inordinately high
        3. SEO - Prior to the new turf they had something that was worse than astroturf...by far the worst surface I'd ever played on.
        4. NWOSU/S. Naz/ECU - just not a fan of rural OK, fully expected tumbleweeds in the stands

Bonus: Favorite place to play - OBU. Crowd was always good, and it just has the feel of a backyard football game in the afternoon.

As you can tell, fans aren't a huge factor IMO in the GAC. A lot of the time there are not enough fans to make noise loud enough to be distracting, though the fan bases are dedicated and growing since I left.

Comment

Solid points.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X