Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your predictions

1. Who wins conference other than your team?
    2. Dark horse other than your team.

Re: Your predictions

1. SAU
    2. Southeastern

Comment

Harding
      ECU

Comment

To keep it in Arkansas and since you said other than my team: HSU. (They rebound from last year surely)!!

And dark horse: I have 2: representing Oklahoma: Oklahoma Baptist (why not)... representing Arkansas I pick the SAU rival UAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          1. SAU
          2. Southeastern
          Ditto. SEO almost did it last year, they had better not be overlooked this year.

Comment

1.Harding
            2.Henderson State

Comment

1.) SAU
              2.) Is Henderson a dark horse? Hard to call them that. Still have concerns about their qb play.

Comment

What is considered a dark horse for this conference? I mean Henderson is probably going to be 4th in the conference. You could argue SE OK or Arkansas Tech.

Comment

1. Harding
                  2. SWOSU. I think the new coach there could get them going a little bit. They've been solid in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                    What is considered a dark horse for this conference? I mean Henderson is probably going to be 4th in the conference. You could argue SE OK or Arkansas Tech.
                    The bolded part is what I think is the issue here. How do you define dark horse? Or, since Fred started this thread, how does Fred define dark horse?

To me there are three ways one can look at what qualifies as a dark horse.
                    1) Dark horse in terms of competing for the conference title.
                    2) Dark horse in terms of competing for a postseason spot--either playoffs or bowl game.
                    3) Dark horse in terms of having a better than expected finish.

Considering each end of the spectrum, sometimes there is a team (or two) that fits all three categories, other times you have a team (or two) for each category.

For example, based on any combo of the following: recent trends, personnel returning, level of talent, off-season build up, etc. I think you could make the following arguments for dark horses:
                    1) Dark horse in terms of competing for the conference title: ATU
                    2) Dark horse in terms of competing for a postseason spot--either playoffs or bowl game: SE
                    3) Dark horse in terms of having a better than expected finish: ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                      The bolded part is what I think is the issue here. How do you define dark horse? Or, since Fred started this thread, how does Fred define dark horse?

To me there are three ways one can look at what qualifies as a dark horse.
                      1) Dark horse in terms of competing for the conference title.
                      2) Dark horse in terms of competing for a postseason spot--either playoffs or bowl game.
                      3) Dark horse in terms of having a better than expected finish.

Considering each end of the spectrum, sometimes there is a team (or two) that fits all three categories, other times you have a team (or two) for each category.

For example, based on any combo of the following: recent trends, personnel returning, level of talent, off-season build up, etc. I think you could make the following arguments for dark horses:
                      1) Dark horse in terms of competing for the conference title: ATU
                      2) Dark horse in terms of competing for a postseason spot--either playoffs or bowl game: SE
                      3) Dark horse in terms of having a better than expected finish: ECU
                      VERY VERY WELL PUT. The only thing I am curious with Arkansas Tech is they have such a brutal road schedule. They have more talent and experience than last year, but will it show?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X