Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Pickem Rules!!

I promise you guys that I'd be back with my 2018 GAC pickem! Every thread has had a pickem, as its lots of fun! Were halfway through the month of July, so in case we haven't been thinking of football, we sure can be now!!! So, lets just go over the rules, if you will. Same as they have been since I started the pickem from pathos! All games must be submitted with the point spread! For example: SAU vs. ECU, SAU by 32!

Correct Point Spread = 15 Points
    Within 1 = 10 Points
    Within 5 = 5 Points
    Within 10 = 3 points
    COMPLETE BLOWOUT w/none of the above criteria = 1 point!

NEW for 2018 (BONUS POINTS AVAILABLE!!): I wanted to throw a little twist in for 2018!! Its all easy for us to pick a "Game of the Week" Game, but how about a "UPSET WATCH"!! After last season's crazy mess, this is any week, any given time!! So therefore, if you pick a game, and label it "UPSET WATCH", and that game outcome is true, then I will give an additional 10 points to you at that time!! This is optional, you don't have to label an upset watch, but if youre starting to lag in the standings, why not!! You could leap ahead!!

Example: ATU @ HU, "UPSET WATCH" ATU by 21!..... ATU wins by 2, you still get 10 points! PLUS your additional points (in this case would just be 1)!!

Re: GAC Pickem Rules!!

I like this idea, it brings an extra twist to things and allows people to stay competitive throughout the season. My only question is what criteria are we using to define an upset? Later in the season we would obviously weigh current W/L record, but what about some of these early season matchups? Ex. would a week 2 matchup between NWOK @ UAM, NWOK by 7 be considered an upset? Possibly, based of of last year and they are the visiting team this year, but would it REALLY be? Just something the chew on.

It's your Pickem' so I am down for whatever you decide, just trying to get some chatter. I'm tired of the heat already, just ready to talk football.
    Last edited by codeblack; 07-16-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
      I like this idea, it brings an extra twist to things and allows people to stay competitive throughout the season. My only question is what criteria are we using to define an upset? Later in the season we would obviously weigh current W/L record, but what about some of these early season matchups? Ex. would a week 2 matchup between NWOK @ UAM, NWOK by 7 be considered an upset? Possibly, based of of last year and they are the visiting team this year, but would it REALLY be? Just something the chew on.

It's your Pickem' so I am down for whatever you decide, just trying to get some chatter. I'm tired of the heat already, just ready to talk football.
      I did think about that, and I do believe the fun will be in the early stages. After all, we don't know much about a team the first couple of weeks. But that's where the fun is! Any given week there could be an "upset"!

Comment

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
        I did think about that, and I do believe the fun will be in the early stages. After all, we don't know much about a team the first couple of weeks. But that's where the fun is! Any given week there could be an "upset"!
        Absolutely. Really looking forward to this season.

Comment

How many points for a team that clears out a bar and the coach conveniently only id's players who would never hit he field anyway and the "stars" are coached up a story to stick to? So many bad things going on being ignored and swept under the rug, allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Racous Ranger View Post
            How many points for a team that clears out a bar and the coach conveniently only id's players who would never hit he field anyway and the "stars" are coached up a story to stick to? So many bad things going on being ignored and swept under the rug, allegedly.
            So, I take it this means you are getting started early on your defense of the Cynic Award.:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
              Perhaps an upset early in the season could be based on the preseason coaches poll rankings? At least until you've got a couple weeks under your belt. (Just brainstorming something that might be simplest early on.)

This should be an interesting season!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X