Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Best Coaches in the GAC currently?

Last year was a really good game between HU and UAM. Tolliver was a beast...very impressed with him in that game. But last year was in Searcy, not Monticello. When we were there in 2016 the score was 36-0 at halftime, and Harding won 57-7. That being said, y'all's defense was much improved last year, and I am interested to see what you do this year. Jackson should be commended for his recent coordinator hires as they have helped make UAM more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        Who are some of the best coaches in the GAC currently?

Think about what they have done since they have been here, where the program was before, and where is the program headed in the future.

Here are my top picks in no order:

1. Scott Maxfield- Has been constant, every year Henderson has a chance for a Title. Almost had a job at UAPB.
        2. Paul Simmons-Good first year and solid coaching years as an assistant at Harding. Can he keep it up?
        3. Tod Knight-Only recent success with OBU, very good at Delta (I think that is right). Has turned OBU into one of the top Football programs in the GAC.
        4. Bill Keopple-May have had the greatest turn arounds for a GAC program. SAU has been historically terrible. Will not be surprised if he is offered a job by a FCS school.
        5. SE OK Coach-Don't know too much, but they are a dark horse program now.

Thoughts? Who am I missing? Remember this is a current list. No reason to name coaches who coached 20 years ago.
        Ray Monica at Arkansas Tech. I'm personally biased because of what I saw him do at Kutztown in the PSAC (he led the Golden Bears to their first ever PSAC football title in 2011), but compared to Scott Maxfield, Tod Knight and Paul Simmons, I would argue that Monica has been one of the more underrated coaches in the GAC given what he's building in Russellville.

Bo Atterberry is the head coach at SOSU, BTW.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
            Hud Jackson is a magician, have you ever been to Monticello?
            Weevil Watcher ya got to stay away from that bottle. I believe he is 23-53. He sure is a magician though, he makes wins "disappear".

Comment

Originally posted by BisonsGirl View Post
              Last year was a really good game between HU and UAM. Tolliver was a beast...very impressed with him in that game. But last year was in Searcy, not Monticello. When we were there in 2016 the score was 36-0 at halftime, and Harding won 57-7. That being said, y'all's defense was much improved last year, and I am interested to see what you do this year. Jackson should be commended for his recent coordinator hires as they have helped make UAM more competitive.
              Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
              Weevil Watcher ya got to stay away from that bottle. I believe he is 23-53. He sure is a magician though, he makes wins "disappear".

Comment

Weevil Watcher God bless you brother. :smile-big::smile-big::smile-big:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X