X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Thoughts

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Fred,

1) Has the Ouachita defense improved? No doubts there.

2) Is Ouachita going to make a playoff run? The SE game raised some concerns--which were never going to be answered by the ECU game.

As has been said already, it's still early and a lot of season left to play. In 2015 the GAC had a couple of teams that were 4-0 and looked like they would run the table. One team finished 8-3 and went to a bowl game. The other team finished 7-4.
    If we manage to win these next 2 games, I'm more than confident we make the playoffs even with say one loss to close out the season. I'd put the mortgage payment on this years team to finally get that elusive playoff victory if given the opportunity. Been checking out some of the top teams in R3 and the only one who looks the part is Ferris. They have a QB twice as dangerous as their QB from last year. I truly feel like this team can compete with anyone in D2. Bias aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
      If we manage to win these next 2 games, I'm more than confident we make the playoffs even with say one loss to close out the season. I'd put the mortgage payment on this years team to finally get that elusive playoff victory if given the opportunity. Been checking out some of the top teams in R3 and the only one who looks the part is Ferris. They have a QB twice as dangerous as their QB from last year. I truly feel like this team can compete with anyone in D2. Bias aside.

Grand valley?

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
        Grand valley?
        Don't know. As a matter of fact gonna look them up next.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
          Arkansas-Monticello
          2017 record: 5-6
          Offensive starters returning: 5
          Defensive starters returning: 9

Well after 4 games, there are some very apparent truths.

We have not found the two Receivers that have good chemistry with Sears.
          Defense leads in sacks, is third in rushing defense, and first in red zone defense.
          BUT our secondary is 10th! And dead last in Passing Defense Efficiency.
          We are the third most penalized team.
          We are last in net punting
          https://static.greatamericanconferen...8/confldrs.htm

Harding may throw for 400 this weekend :crying::crying::crying:

Comment

Don't know. As a matter of fact gonna look them up next.
            Think they're playing at a very high level with a running back transfer from Pitt leading the way. I do think OBU could win a game at home IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF they won out.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
              Think they're playing at a very high level with a running back transfer from Pitt leading the way. I do think OBU could win a game at home IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF they won out.
              Yeah just looked a few highlights and they have some big dudes. Ferris was big also and we held our own for the most part. Didn't know the RB was a D1 transfer but he definitely looked the part.

Comment

Typically in SR3 only 2-loss and 3-loss teams are on the bubble for playoff spots. If Ouachita has only one loss, they will be in.

As for Ouachita competing in the playoffs, that's never been the question. They've competed well in their two playoff appearances. The issues are: 1) Can Ouachita win a playoff game? 2) Can Ouachita make a playoff run? You believe they can, I have reservations/concerns. Time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X