Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Thoughts on ECU

TIGERS WIN! We finally got our 1st win of the Al Johnson Era. It was not pretty, but we'll take about anything we can get. Especially with our 1st true road game coming up against Ouachita. There were lots of bright spots in this game, but also some really bad things to address as well.

Offense:

We're not very good at this. The offensive line really got exposed, and the receivers dropped several passes, and there is no clear answer at QB. Our 3rd down conversion was awful, and we only had 8 1st downs... 8! I'm worried about this phase moving forward. This game would have been ugly for UAM if our offense had any kind of production.

Defense:

This phase won us the game. They are fun to watch. They play sound and fast. We had 5 takeaways on defense and even had a pick 6. Again, this phase won us the game and they are just going to keep improving week by week.

Special Teams:

Solid performance here. We had a PAT blocked, but made a field goal, had great punts, and even had a takeaway on a muffed punt.

Overall:

This game was a must win, now we need to take this momentum on the road and play well against the other Tigers.

Comment

Comment

Re: Week 3 Thoughts on ECU

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
        TIGERS WIN! We finally got our 1st win of the Al Johnson Era. It was not pretty, but we'll take about anything we can get. Especially with our 1st true road game coming up against Ouachita. There were lots of bright spots in this game, but also some really bad things to address as well.

Offense:

We're not very good at this. The offensive line really got exposed, and the receivers dropped several passes, and there is no clear answer at QB. Our 3rd down conversion was awful, and we only had 8 1st downs... 8! I'm worried about this phase moving forward. This game would have been ugly for UAM if our offense had any kind of production.

Defense:

This phase won us the game. They are fun to watch. They play sound and fast. We had 5 takeaways on defense and even had a pick 6. Again, this phase won us the game and they are just going to keep improving week by week.

Special Teams:

Solid performance here. We had a PAT blocked, but made a field goal, had great punts, and even had a takeaway on a muffed punt.

Overall:

This game was a must win, now we need to take this momentum on the road and play well against the other Tigers.
        The other Tigers???? Ok. Won't even be close my friend. Hate to say it but I'm looking foward to Searcy, our next 2 games should easily be wins.

Comment

-44 rushing yards? Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
            The other Tigers???? Ok. Won't even be close my friend. Hate to say it but I'm looking foward to Searcy, our next 2 games should easily be wins.
            Triggered

Comment

Originally posted by sozo View Post
              -44 rushing yards? Ouch
              No run game and several sacks

Comment

Thanks! Our defense is preforming a lot a somewhat high level. Our offense almost had zero production, Coach Johnson will get that back on track in the future.

Comment

We were lucky to sneak away with a win, defense and special teams carried us for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
                    We were lucky to sneak away with a win, defense and special teams carried us for sure.
                    https://www.uamsports.com/boxscore.a...otball&id=2102

I am still sick! Click on the team stats

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post

Comment

Our defense won us the game. If we have ANY sort of offensive production, the game doesn't look like that on paper.

Comment

more depressing than old Haggard and Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post

Wow!

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X