Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Thoughts on ECU

ABORT MISSION! I REPEAT, ABORT MISSION! ABORT! ABORT!

My thoughts the entire game against Ouachita this past Saturday. I love watching Finish Empty Fred get triggered by DivisionTwo just as much as the next guy, but the Tigers in Purple are pretty good. I don't know if they have much of a deep ball threat that I think they will need to go deep into the post season, but they are good. Enough about them, what about us? Our offense is awful, and our defense is right at or just below serviceable.

Offense:

When you get down two it, there is just no talent on this side of the ball. Outside of Trinity Benson, there is a major drop off. Finding the solution here will come down to the coaches recruiting and developing players for next year, but don't expect this side of the ball to improve too much. It's unfortunate, but hey.. there's a new head coach in town that I think can be really good, but he's having to deal with some pretty poor recruiting the last couple of years from the previous staff.

Defense:

This group is without a doubt the strength of our team. I know that might sound weird giving up 42 points, but its all relative, and OUA is a good team offensively. I thought we played well stopping the run early in the game and even forcing some punts, but when the other team has the ball for almost 3 quarters of the game, the defense is going to break. I think that's happened that night.

We host the SWOSU Bulldogs this week in Ada, OK. I plan to be there. This is a game that we can definitely win, even with SWOSU coming to town after a road win over Henderson. Good for us, SWOSU defense is down right terrible, and their offense isn't anything special to me, so there are some favorable match ups for us in this game. We have played better at home this season as well. GO TIGERS!

Re: Week 4 Thoughts on ECU

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

My thoughts the entire game against Ouachita this past Saturday. I love watching Finish Empty Fred get triggered by DivisionTwo just as much as the next guy, but the Tigers in Purple are pretty good. I don't know if they have much of a deep ball threat that I think they will need to go deep into the post season, but they are good.

Comment

I know you know that. I more trolling him than anything because its fun. Seems like most people are talking about the SAU/OUA matchup, but I think OUA's game against harding will likely be the game of the year.

Comment

My thoughts the entire game against Ouachita this past Saturday. I love watching Finish Empty Fred get triggered by DivisionTwo just as much as the next guy, but the Tigers in Purple are pretty good. I don't know if they have much of a deep ball threat that I think they will need to go deep into the post season, but they are good. Enough about them, what about us? Our offense is awful, and our defense is right at or just below serviceable.

Offense:

When you get down two it, there is just no talent on this side of the ball. Outside of Trinity Benson, there is a major drop off. Finding the solution here will come down to the coaches recruiting and developing players for next year, but don't expect this side of the ball to improve too much. It's unfortunate, but hey.. there's a new head coach in town that I think can be really good, but he's having to deal with some pretty poor recruiting the last couple of years from the previous staff.

Defense:

This group is without a doubt the strength of our team. I know that might sound weird giving up 42 points, but its all relative, and OUA is a good team offensively. I thought we played well stopping the run early in the game and even forcing some punts, but when the other team has the ball for almost 3 quarters of the game, the defense is going to break. I think that's happened that night.

We host the SWOSU Bulldogs this week in Ada, OK. I plan to be there. This is a game that we can definitely win, even with SWOSU coming to town after a road win over Henderson. Good for us, SWOSU defense is down right terrible, and their offense isn't anything special to me, so there are some favorable match ups for us in this game. We have played better at home this season as well. GO TIGERS!
        No deep ball threat?????? Ummm Allie Freeman. There is not a one guy in the GAC who can keep up with this speed demon if he gets anywhere close to breaking the coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          No deep ball threat?????? Ummm Allie Freeman. There is not a one guy in the GAC who can keep up with this speed demon if he gets anywhere close to breaking the coverage.
          Freeman is fast no doubt, but a deep ball threat usually includes two people because someone has to throw the ball. I just haven't seen that from the offense yet, but I also haven't watched every snap.

Comment

Freeman is fast no doubt, but a deep ball threat usually includes two people because someone has to throw the ball. I just haven't seen that from the offense yet, but I also haven't watched every snap.
            Well I assure you, we are more than capable of going deep. We are not gonna ask our freshmen QB to do more than he has to when we have 5 RBs who can get the job done. Plus we didn't have Drew Harris against you guys. That puts alot of pressure on any defense having to cover the middle of the field in which will usually open open the big plays downfield.

Comment

Well I assure you, we are more than capable of going deep. We are not gonna ask our freshmen QB to do more than he has to when we have 5 RBs who can get the job done. Plus we didn't have Drew Harris against you guys. That puts alot of pressure on any defense having to cover the middle of the defense in which will usually open open the big plays downfield.
              I really hope the offense is capable of that, because I think OUA will be in a prime spot to make a deep run in the playoffs. I also think to win games like that you have to have some sort of deep threat, which I haven't seen yet.

Comment

You love hyping this HU D and granted HU always had one of the tougher D's we had to go against but you give them entirely too much credit... Especially after losing to SAU who lets just about anyone hang around with them

Comment

Originally posted by OBUgrad77 View Post
                  You love hyping this HU D and granted HU always had one of the tougher D's we had to go against but you give them entirely too much credit... Especially after losing to SAU who lets just about anyone hang around with them
                  To D2's defense, all he said in the particular comment was "They haven't seen anything close to the defense the Bisons will bring". He's 100% accurate with that statement.

EDIT: They are also #1 in total defense in the conference.

Comment

The offense gave up 14 points on scoop and score against SAU. Case closed. Next case walking into courtroom.

Comment

Well I assure you, we are more than capable of going deep. We are not gonna ask our freshmen QB to do more than he has to when we have 5 RBs who can get the job done. Plus we didn't have Drew Harris against you guys. That puts alot of pressure on any defense having to cover the middle of the field in which will usually open open the big plays downfield.

Hurt bad or just banged up?

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                        Not sure but I believe it was cautionary. Why risk further injury with ECU and a wet field is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Comment

In fairness to SAU, they had some guys hurt the past couple of weeks.

Comment

The rumor I heard was that he had torn something in his knee, but that was last week before the game on Saturday.

Certainly hope that's not the case, he's a dynamic player.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X