Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sau attendance record

Re: Sau attendance record

Sometimes, I really miss the GSC and those huge matchups. It does make our road a little easier, but i miss those teams coming to play.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how we stacked up. Some of the GSC teams that were strong then are struggling some now.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
        It would be interesting to see how we stacked up. Some of the GSC teams that were strong then are struggling some now.

Comment

*sigh*

Gather 'round the fire and I'll tell you the story of the Night That Must Not Be Named.

Family Day, 2003. #9 Southern Arkansas hosting 2002 NC runner-up and #2 Valdosta State. There were a million* people there. (* 7,001). It was a great atmosphere. SAU looked to be heading into halftime with a 17-3 lead when the Blazers managed to pick up a quick score right before the end of the quarter. Not much happened in the third but Valdosta finally took the lead around the midway point of the 4th, 20-17. SAU put together a great drive to move the ball down the field and found themselves on the 3-yard line. Then... it happened.

For those who don't know, SAU was a triple option team at this time. The next play was a standard fullback dive, the bread-and-butter of the triple option. The runner was hit... and the ball popped straight into the air. It was grabbed a defender who proceed to run 97 yards for a touchdown. The Valdosta coaching staff in the booth behind me banged on the box window as he ran the entire length of the field. After that, the wheels came off as SAU threw two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. We lost 41-17.

SAU went on to lose to North Alabama the following week, 21-14, before winning the rest of their games and making it into the playoffs where they have not been since. Perhaps this is the year they return.

Now let us never speak of it again.

[edit] Oh, and they had to stop the game to get a rabbit off the field.
          Last edited by pathos; 10-04-2018, 07:24 PM.
          We are the blue and gold....

Comment

Comment

That would be huge and would represent about 70% of the population of Magnolia. Hope you can get it. My parents will enjoy hearing this.

I'm really here to distract myself after mom was taken to hospital here in Colorado Springs. She had a possible cardiac event and has had a CAT scan. That's all we know for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                That would be huge and would represent about 70% of the population of Magnolia. Hope you can get it. My parents will enjoy hearing this.

I'm really here to distract myself after mom was taken to hospital here in Colorado Springs. She had a possible cardiac event and has had a CAT scan. That's all we know for now.
                Oh no. Prayers for speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Praying Here

Comment

Originally posted by pathos View Post
                    *sigh*

Gather 'round the fire and I'll tell you the story of the Night That Must Not Be Named.

Family Day, 2003. #9 Southern Arkansas hosting 2002 NC runner-up and #2 Valdosta State. There were a million* people there. (* 7,001). It was a great atmosphere. SAU looked to be heading into halftime with a 17-3 lead when the Blazers managed to pick up a quick score right before the end of the quarter. Not much happened in the third but Valdosta finally took the lead around the midway point of the 4th, 20-17. SAU put together a great drive to move the ball down the field and found themselves on the 3-yard line. Then... it happened.

For those who don't know, SAU was a triple option team at this time. The next play was a standard fullback dive, the bread-and-butter of the triple option. The runner was hit... and the ball popped straight into the air. It was grabbed a defender who proceed to run 97 yards for a touchdown. The Valdosta coaching staff in the booth behind me banged on the box window as he ran the entire length of the field. After that, the wheels came off as SAU threw two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. We lost 41-17.

SAU went on to lose to North Alabama the following week, 21-14, before winning the rest of their games and making it into the playoffs where they have not been since. Perhaps this is the year they return.

Now let us never speak of it again.

[edit] Oh, and they had to stop the game to get a rabbit off the field.

Comment

Hey guys, if I could give you a little insider knowledge. The attendance count is not official. Or at least since 2014. The guys in the press box literally guess a number. I am not sure if other schools do this in the GAC, but SAU has no electric ticket counter or anyone officially counting people walking through the gate. I think you could possibly see an estimated 6,000 people, but SNU is not a big enough opponent to draw that kind of number. They would have a better chance I feel like at Homecoming.

Comment

praying as well

Comment

hey sir if your going to the game id like to meet you guys. you cant miss me or my son's mom lol. as she will be running up and down the sidelines with Jr. lol

Comment

Wish I could renzo!! We will be in North Arkansas!

Comment

all good hope you enjoyed yourself

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X