Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAU vs HSU

This is a great game for both teams. Just a little insider info, I believe that each team get's $10,000 a piece for playing in it.

Comment

Wow! Pitt is 20 to 30 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        This is a great game for both teams. Just a little insider info, I believe that each team get's $10,000 a piece for playing in it.

Comment

Yep. It was the Boom town Classic when HSU and ATU played 2013

Comment

The home team in the SAU-UAM game should be the team playing in El Dorado. Yeah UAM is 30 miles farther from El Dorado than SAU but it would ensure no less than 5 games in the home stadium for either team. This year, SAU plays in Wilkins only 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
              Henderson will win!! Basing this off the results in eldorado and the fact that SAU slides down the stretch
              I'm picking SAU sir. I maybe the only one. but I know they will leave it all on the field. I have faith in them.. Well see anyway.
              Last edited by renzo27; 10-23-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                The home team in the SAU-UAM game should be the team playing in El Dorado. Yeah UAM is 30 miles farther from El Dorado than SAU but it would ensure no less than 5 games in the home stadium for either team. This year, SAU plays in Wilkins only 4 times.
                Yeah, but SAU will take that cash every year hands down. They could use an extra $10,000 every year.

Comment

Plus, the Murphy USA has a trophy! So does the battle of the timberlands!! No since playing a rivalry in eldorado!!

Comment

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
                    Plus, the Murphy USA has a trophy! So does the battle of the timberlands!! No since playing a rivalry in eldorado!!
                    It seems you might have mis-read. The SAU-UAM game is played on campus. The team that would play in El Dorado is determined by who the home team is from the SAU-UAM game. This year the SAU-UAM game is played in Monticello, meaning UAM plays the El Dorado game. Each team gets 5 home games every year and the $10,000 every other year.

Comment

It seems you might have mis-read. The SAU-UAM game is played on campus. The team that would play in El Dorado is determined by who the home team is from the SAU-UAM game. This year the SAU-UAM game is played in Monticello, meaning UAM plays the El Dorado game. Each team gets 5 home games every year and the $10,000 every other year.
                      Gotcha!! Sorry!! That does make since!!

Comment

Sounds like it could work, but SAU will take that check as much as Murphy USA will offer it. I think you have a lot of SAU alum in Eldo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                          Yeah, but SAU will take that cash every year hands down. They could use an extra $10,000 every year.
                          Do they only get $10,000, or do they get that plus part of the gate or anything else? How much do they lose by not playing at home? The game this past week had 5,100 people there. Lots of those are students who get in free, of course, but $10,000 would be 1,428 people at $7 (reserve seats are $9).

I don't know anything about the costs and proceeds of running a football game so I can't argue any more than that. I just don't know if $10,000 is worth giving up a home game for. That said, I like playing in the game and the opportunity to win a trophy.
                          We are the blue and gold....

Comment

Originally posted by pathos View Post
                            Do they only get $10,000, or do they get that plus part of the gate or anything else? How much do they lose by not playing at home? The game this past week had 5,100 people there. Lots of those are students who get in free, of course, but $10,000 would be 1,428 people at $7 (reserve seats are $9).

I don't know anything about the costs and proceeds of running a football game so I can't argue any more than that. I just don't know if $10,000 is worth giving up a home game for. That said, I like playing in the game and the opportunity to win a trophy.
                            I agree with you and would not proclaim I know all the cost/revenue of a home football event, and you make good points for example, the concessions in Magnolia are possible school Band funds, sports equipment, etc... I don't know that you get the revenue from the neutral site.

Also much like you, I think the annual game is good/fun for the teams. I just don't like missing out on games I could see in Magnolia. It's been several years since I went to Magnolia for a game. I like the SAU stadium.

Comment

Game notes:

https://hsusports.com/documents/2018...AU_.pdf?id=797

Comment

Looks like it's going to be 75 degrees and sunny, for a fine Saturday afternoon of football.

3:00 PM Game Time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X