Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afca poll

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    It has worked against you guys really well. Unfortunately, so did your spread offense.
    Innovative and effective aren't synonymous. That's the beauty of that offense. It's simple and repetitive, but very hard to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Innovative and effective aren't synonymous. That's the beauty of that offense. It's simple and repetitive, but very hard to defend.

Comment

I take the approach of saying that it is somewhat innovative, and it is creative in my opinion. The scheme/strategy of it is very simple: read that guy for dive, read that guy for pitch. Sometimes it is only read that guy for pitch. However, it is in the tactics where the creativeness comes. How are you influencing the dive and pitch read man to get them to do something different and get what you want.

Anyways, getting away from the point of the post, but I like talking football.

Comment

I think the word to better describe HU offense is "boring". Hahaha. But the next best word would be "effective". It will make you so mad to see 3rd and 4 30 times a game and not be able to stop it. But not the most exciting show on turf for sure. But i will admit, i do like smash mouth football.

Comment

It has worked against you guys really well. Unfortunately, so did your spread offense.
            I think Donatello Lockett was more responsible for that than the option, though. Granted, I know the option helped set him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
              I think Donatello Lockett was more responsible for that than the option, though. Granted, I know the option helped set him up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

He was a special athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                      He was a special athlete.
                      He had some memorable ones for sure.

1.) We were down by 3 or 4 at OBU with about 2 mins left. He caught a slant and out ran the safety for 70 yard essentially game winner.
                      2.) The reverse against HSU as time was expiring to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post
                        I think the word to better describe HU offense is "boring". Hahaha. But the next best word would be "effective". It will make you so mad to see 3rd and 4 30 times a game and not be able to stop it. But not the most exciting show on turf for sure. But i will admit, i do like smash mouth football.
                        I don't think it's boring to watch at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                          Yeah. It was that game and the Mankato game that exposed the weaknesses in Weimers defense, and pitt is just now recovering.

Comment

He had some memorable ones for sure.

1.) We were down by 3 or 4 at OBU with about 2 mins left. He caught a slant and out ran the safety for 70 yard essentially game winner.
                            2.) The reverse against HSU as time was expiring to win the game.
                            That slant route still haunts me... Remember it like it was yesterday. Dude was extremely talented and had a kickass name

Comment

Originally posted by OBUgrad77 View Post
                              That slant route still haunts me... Remember it like it was yesterday. Dude was extremely talented and had a kickass name
                              Reverse mentioned, was 4 years ago today (10-25-14). Luckett ran the reverse and the Reddies had a LB and DB in position to make the tackle and win the game. As Luckett ran in the end zone, the LB and DB for HSU, looked like they tackled each other and were laying on the turf. The home crowd was silent.

That was the 1st loss in regular season since 10-29-11 (Loss to South Alabama) the Reddies finished the 2011 year winning their remaining games and went undefeated in regular season 2012, 2013 and were 7-0 until that day in 2014. :crying:

so.......Thanks Divisiontwo for the anniversary reminder. :stop:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X