Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overall thoughts across the board for Week 1.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall thoughts across the board for Week 1.

I think every single game was pretty good opening night. Love the OBU vs HU game, UAM vs ATU was good. SNU vs SAU was decent. and the two other Oklahoma games were great! This conference is looking pretty good as a whole to start off with. Any team that surprised you week 1?

Yep. ECU was a surprise. Out gained opponent 432 to 283. Threw 2 INT's and had 6 fumbles and turned ball over on 3 of those fumbles. I did not watch the game, but it looks like ECU should have won the game, had they not turned it over as much. Their opponent scored 21 points on the day. 14 points result from TO's.

Not sure what to think of UAM and ATU. close game. ATU looked like they were running ball mostly and UAM passing.

Comment

Nothing like starting the season with a late score to win in a big game, overtime in a rivalry game, and reasonably close games elsewhere (SAU being the exception). It looks like the conference will be competitive. Hoping for a close game on Saturday as well!

Based on some other threads and my own observations, it appears that there is a conference wide concern about the officiating. Granted, these are not going to be the top officials that D1 or professional teams would get, but many of the "easy" calls are getting blown quite regularly. This is magnified when the games are close as any single play could then change the outcome of the game. Evidently the GAC and the rest of D2 have taken notice based on the following link:

https://greatamericanconference.com/...ng-crisis.aspx

So, does the GAC have officiating issues more so than other conferences? Is this just another case of whining?

Just curious on what others may think on this topic since we are discussing the conference in general.

Comment

New to the Board here. No real surprises here except my Bulldogs decisive victory over SEOSU. Nobody gave us a chance. I have to agree with Mr. Redready that ECU outplayed NWOSU pretty badly. If they hang onto the ball it might have been a blowout. 432 yards of Offense and only 13 points is unfortunate to say the least. The Ouachita/Harding game was outstanding. I'm sure there are those on the Harding side that think they should have won and let one get away. Monticello/Tech would have been a great game to see. Nice win for Monticello, tough loss for Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOSU Bill View Post
          New to the Board here. No real surprises here except my Bulldogs decisive victory over SEOSU. Nobody gave us a chance. I have to agree with Mr. Redready that ECU outplayed NWOSU pretty badly. If they hang onto the ball it might have been a blowout. 432 yards of Offense and only 13 points is unfortunate to say the least. The Ouachita/Harding game was outstanding. I'm sure there are those on the Harding side that think they should have won and let one get away. Monticello/Tech would have been a great game to see. Nice win for Monticello, tough loss for Tech.
          Welcome to the board. Hope you have a great year of GAC football.

Comment

100% ECU dominated the game. 2 turnovers inside the 10 going in to scored. Good things in store for ECU.

Comment

The video feeds for four of the games were horrible or were/are non-existent.

Comment

Armo Wood
                I totally agree. I tried to watch Okla. Baptist-Henderson game and the video was awful. I watched parts of Southwest Baptist-William Jewell and the video was awesome. Step up GAC schools!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X