Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uam earns a bowl game

Re: Uam earns a bowl game

Yup playing Emporia State after they knocked off Central Oklahoma in Edmond.

Comment

I am waiting to see the official announcement. Not so sure about that. They are just barely bowl eligible, and don't believe UAM travels well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        I am waiting to see the official announcement. Not so sure about that. They are just barely bowl eligible, and don't believe UAM travels well.
        www.corsicanabowl.com

Comment

ESU has played pretty well down the stretch. With victories over both Fort Hays and Central Oklahoma. As for fans, ESU generally travels quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
            ESU has played pretty well down the stretch. With victories over both Fort Hays and Central Oklahoma. As for fans, ESU generally travels quite well.
            Both teams are playing well and a few weeks to heal should make this a great game!

As for turnout for UAM, I have a feeling it will be very good. It's been a decade since we have had the success we had this year. It will all revolve around how well the word gets out the next two weeks. I know there are lots of Alums that live in the Dallas area.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
              Both teams are playing well and a few weeks to heal should make this a great game!

As for turnout for UAM, I have a feeling it will be very good. It's been a decade since we have had the success we had this year. It will all revolve around how well the word gets out the next two weeks. I know there are lots of Alums that live in the Dallas area.
              Awesome, good to hear! Sorry I missed the bowl announcement again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                Awesome, good to hear! Sorry I missed the bowl announcement again!
                No worries, I just counted the roster and including red shirts, we have 13 players and 1 GA from TX.

Comment

Emporia State has 8 from Texas (generally more). With that said their roster is always predominately Kansas and Oklahoma. Higgins treats Kansas and Oklahoma as one big state, no borders.

Comment

Emporia State has 8 from Texas (generally more). With that said their roster is always predominately Kansas and Oklahoma. Higgins treats Kansas and Oklahoma as one big state, no borders.
                    I've watched what highlights I could find and this will be a very good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
                      I've watched what highlights I could find and this will be a very good game.
                      Looking forward to getting down to TX and watching this group. They've been great lately and fun to watch

Comment

Do the Regents (state-owned schools) in Kansas offer tuition discounts to certain states (ie. in-state or reduced out-of-state rates for bordering states)? I know that some state schools in Ohio, West Virginia and (a few in) Pennsylvania offer a "metro" rate for certain border counties (ex. Kent State offers in-state tuition to selected bordering counties in Pennsylvania); if that's the case for Emporia, Fort Hays or Pitt State, that certainly helps recruiting and the scholarship budgets, I would think.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          Do the Regents (state-owned schools) in Kansas offer tuition discounts to certain states (ie. in-state or reduced out-of-state rates for bordering states)? I know that some state schools in Ohio, West Virginia and (a few in) Pennsylvania offer a "metro" rate for certain border counties (ex. Kent State offers in-state tuition to selected bordering counties in Pennsylvania); if that's the case for Emporia, Fort Hays or Pitt State, that certainly helps recruiting and the scholarship budgets, I would think.
                          Yes, there are contiguous state discounts.....they are for incoming freshman only! No transfers. Needs to change.
                          But the underlying issue in D2 with regards to costs is the qualifying standards and available monies.

Comment

Team leaves today for Texas, excited for the Coaches and students. It's created an energy that is awesome to watch. I'll be at the game to cheer on the Weevils. Seems like the whole town is headed that way.

Comment

The Hornets travel that way today also.
                              They will have a great following of fans, band and cheerleaders coming too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X