Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live United Bowl-Texarkana Tx

SAU will be bowling in Texarkana, curious who their opponent will be. My money is on Pittsburg State, as I think Midwestern State will go to the C.H.A.M.P.S Bowl. Maybe Central Ok could sneak in instead of Pittsburg State, but they have the head to head win over Central Oklahoma. Thoughts? We will know more Wednesday.

Re: Live United Bowl-Texarkana Tx

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
    SAU will be bowling in Texarkana, curious who their opponent will be. My money is on Pittsburg State, as I think Midwestern State will go to the C.H.A.M.P.S Bowl. Maybe Central Ok could sneak in instead of Pittsburg State, but they have the head to head win over Central Oklahoma. Thoughts? We will know more Wednesday.
    if UCO is going to Champs Bowl to play angelo state, then Midwestern or the Gorillas to Texarkana.......I like the Mulerider vs. Gorilla matchup myself. I think Pitt state would travel better also. If that means anything :foot-in-mouth:

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
      if UCO is going to Champs Bowl to play angelo state, then Midwestern or the Gorillas to Texarkana.......I like the Mulerider vs. Gorilla matchup myself. I think Pitt state would travel better also. If that means anything :foot-in-mouth:
      Yeah, just saw that UCO is going to Champs Bowl as of yesterday. I would rather have the Gorillas. I think Midwestern is scary good. Pitt would travel better, which may mean they could get chosen to sell more tickets.

Comment

Most of these bowls pick these teams based on matchup and possible revenue. Why do you think Murphy USA Boomtown Classic chooses SAU every year?

Comment

Neither of those, got a third guess? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLion View Post
            Neither of those, got a third guess? :wink:
            I guess we will know at 10:30 Central when they make the announcement.

Comment

I guess we will know at 10:30 Central when they make the announcement.
              Yep just speculation until tomorrow. That's all message boards are about speculation and discussion. Doesn't affect the outcome of the game.

Comment

I'm not speculating on my end. Also see this and know that all the participants for the other 3 bowls have been set.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLion View Post
                  I'm not speculating on my end. Also see this and know that all the participants for the other 3 bowls have been set.
                  I see, that's very curious. I wonder if it's because Midwestern and Pittsburg state have already been to the Texarkana Bowl Game? If your right then it would be an awesome game between SAU and Missouri Western. If they don't choose SAU to be in this bowl game, I would be shock. They are like a hour away....

Comment

Now I am getting scared. But per the website it says GAC vs MIAA or Lone Star. So it has to be SAU vs someone else. The only thing i could see is maybe them do a Midwestern (Lone Star) vs Pittsburg State or Missouri Western from (MIAA) . But Midwestern is the best team of all four possible teams. Why would you deny Midwestern? Guess, because they have been to the bowl game before and they are trying to get new teams there? SAU would make sense for a revenue standpoint. They will have the most fans there probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                      Now I am getting scared. But per the website it says GAC vs MIAA or Lone Star. So it has to be SAU vs someone else. The only thing i could see is maybe them do a Midwestern (Lone Star) vs Pittsburg State or Missouri Western from (MIAA) . But Midwestern is the best team of all four possible teams. Why would you deny Midwestern? Guess, because they have been to the bowl game before and they are trying to get new teams there? SAU would make sense for a revenue standpoint. They will have the most fans there probably.
                      Gac founded the bowl game and gets an automatic bowl berth!! Should be SAU the highest non playoff team

Comment

Comment

I understand, but it doesn't make sense why you wouldn't have Midwestern in the game against SAU. SAU would probably get killed by Midwestern. Now if it's all true Missouri Western is a much easier and better game for SAU. Pittsburg State was their last year, so they may not take the same team two years in a row.

Comment

Good luck SAU. I remember the Griffon 2012 team. They came to Arkadelphia and their OL and DL looked like a D1 school compared to ours. We struggled that day to say the least. we lost 21-45.

Not saying that will happen to you guys, but be prepared to face a pretty good team. Like most FB teams, they have good days and bad days. Hope for the latter. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                              Good luck SAU. I remember the Griffon 2012 team. They came to Arkadelphia and their OL and DL looked like a D1 school compared to ours. We struggled that day to say the least. we lost 21-45.

Not saying that will happen to you guys, but be prepared to face a pretty good team. Like most FB teams, they have good days and bad days. Hope for the latter. :wink:
                              Hopefully SAU will come out of the gates throwing to the moon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X