Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible coaching change ---

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Arkansas Tech (D-II): Per sources, head coach Raymond Monica will not return. After averaging nearly 8 wins per season from 2015-2017, the Wonder Boys finished this season 3-8.

Re: Possible coaching change ---

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
    http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Arkansas Tech (D-II): Per sources, head coach Raymond Monica will not return. After averaging nearly 8 wins per season from 2015-2017, the Wonder Boys finished this season 3-8.
    I mean, tis true, but who does Ark Tech think they can go after? Ark Tech is not the program they used to be back in the day. It's going to be hard to compete with Henderson, OBU and Harding. Not to mention SAU most years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      I mean, tis true, but who does Ark Tech think they can go after? Ark Tech is not the program they used to be back in the day. It's going to be hard to compete with Henderson, OBU and Harding. Not to mention SAU most years.
      No idea if they even have a candidate. No idea about the staff. Hopefully we will learn more later in the day.

Something I had considered a possibility, but not any where near a certainty...

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
          No idea if they even have a candidate. No idea about the staff. Hopefully we will learn more later in the day.

Something I had considered a possibility, but not any where near a certainty...
          Wonder if they could go after Henderson State's coach? He tried applying to UAPB a year ago, wonder if he is wanting a change.

Comment

Comment

I mean with anything, they could be a small D1 FCS school. But I am guessing the revenue is not there. The thing is who are they going to beat every year in Arkansas?

Comment

Mike Volarvich

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                  Mike Volarvich
                  If that happened, I would be a big ATU fan. I like Mike. He is a very smart coach and good person. The pay would have to beat the HS job he currently holds.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                    Mike Volarvich
                    OOOOO very good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                      If that happened, I would be a big ATU fan. I like Mike. He is a very smart coach and good person. The pay would have to beat the HS job he currently holds.
                      Not sure about that. Nashville is probably one of the best paying high school jobs in Arkansas. Those folks love their Scrappers. Think it was paying mid 80's last time it was advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                        Not sure about that. Nashville is probably one of the best paying high school jobs in Arkansas. Those folks love their Scrappers. Think it was paying mid 80's last time it was advertised.
                        I agree, plus he and his family like it there.

Comment

Any Arkansas High School Coaching prospects?

Comment

More information. Not much, but from ATU:

https://arkansastechsports.com/news/...t-renewed.aspx

The above article was pulled. Here is another reference:

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/spor...e4edaef13.html
                            Last edited by Bytor; 11-12-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Brent Dearmon would be the logical choice. He has lead Bethel Univ in Tennessee to an undefeated season after being considered a dumpster fire before he got there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X