All,

Here is the link to the All Conference Awards:

https://greatamericanconference.com/...FB_ALL_GAC.pdf

Comment

Re: All Conference Selections ---

Who should have been O POY?

Comment

I think Keandre Evans should have been DPOY but then we'd have to hear a lot of crying because of an OBU sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post

Comment

Yeah Shuncee has next level potential for sure.

Comment

Yeah Shuncee has next level potential for sure.

Comment

Comment

He has a legit shot at a NFL camp invite if he continues to improve. Then anything is possible.

Comment

KO got hurt early in two games and barely played those. (SE & UAM) Otherwise he woulda had 1,000 which would have been nice to see.

Comment

KO is a fine choice, but it's more of a career award for him. Karonce Higgins the WR from SAU would have been my pick, he was the best offensive player in the league.

Comment

Every Year there are surprises, and players that did not get a 1st team nomination, when their stats show they should be.

I have seen where a HSU S/T should not have been a 1st team player one year and yet he received the award. His stats did not indicate he was and his play time was low. The athlete said "I don't know how that happened". They won conference is the only thing that seemed to matter in that choice.

This year, I don't understand how HSU WR Ben Johnson was not a 1st team all conference unless you count he played for a team that had a losing record.
                        Receptions/game - #1 in conference with 6.3 catches per game.
                        Receive yds/game - #3 in conference with 71.7 yds per game.

Sorry Ben. :bad:

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                          Every Year there are surprises, and players that did not get a 1st team nomination, when their stats show they should be.

I have seen where a HSU S/T should not have been a 1st team player one year and yet he received the award. His stats did not indicate he was and his play time was low. The athlete said "I don't know how that happened". They won conference is the only thing that seemed to matter in that choice.

This year, I don't understand how HSU WR Ben Johnson was not a 1st team all conference unless you count he played for a team that had a losing record.
                          Receptions/game - #1 in conference with 6.3 catches per game.
                          Receive yds/game - #3 in conference with 71.7 yds per game.

Sorry Ben. :bad:
                          Yeah, Johnson definitely has a gripe. Led the league in receptions and was second in receiving yards and didn't get the nod.

Roberson from OKBU who was named First Team ahead of him had less catches, yards and TDs, so it's pretty hard to explain that one, especially considering OKBU and HSU had the same record.

Every team ends up having some gripe, but that's a pretty tough one to swallow for a guy who was one of the only bright spots this season for HSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                            Yeah, Johnson definitely has a gripe. Led the league in receptions and was second in receiving yards and didn't get the nod.

Roberson from OKBU who was named First Team ahead of him had less catches, yards and TDs, so it's pretty hard to explain that one, especially considering OKBU and HSU had the same record.

Every team ends up having some gripe, but that's a pretty tough one to swallow for a guy who was one of the only bright spots this season for HSU.
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

Agreed. It's even more puzzling for OL/DL positions where statistics are interpreted differently. Hard to understand some of the choices with so many deserving athletes.

Congrats to Ben on a great season for HSU. He had 2 TDs against Tech this year!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X