Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gac media day

Seeing all of these other conferences have their media days, I have only 1 question. Why does the GAC not have one? It could be done in Fort Smith or Russelville and be in the middle for both Oklahoma and Arkansas schools. Could use a cheap venue to get started and each year make it better and better.

Re: Gac media day

The GAC doesn't have one because of the logistics, particularly of getting coaches and players to the same location, at the same time. Was told they felt like it was herding cats.

Comment

Comment

+1, this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
          The GAC doesn't have one because of the logistics, particularly of getting coaches and players to the same location, at the same time. Was told they felt like it was herding cats.
          That's not a good excuse. I'd accept that the effort and cost were not worth the reward, however.

Comment

Probably just because they don't have one. There may not be enough interest to have one as well.

Comment

Comment

I see your point. I hope they choose to host it in Little Rock. Maybe open it to fans as well. Make it all are welcome to come to Media day.

Comment

I agree, it does seem to be tending in a good direction.

Comment

I would love to see a GAC media day in LR, but I could see some complaints about travel coming from the OK schools. Maybe they could alternate years between LR and OKC. It might even help up the state and local media interest in the conference. Get a little more D2 love going.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonsGirl View Post
                      I would love to see a GAC media day in LR, but I could see some complaints about travel coming from the OK schools. Maybe they could alternate years between LR and OKC. It might even help up the state and local media interest in the conference. Get a little more D2 love going.
                      Even somewhere like Fort Smith might be a reasonable compromise since it's pretty much in the center of the GAC's footprint.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                        Even somewhere like Fort Smith might be a reasonable compromise since it's pretty much in the center of the GAC's footprint.
                        See comments above. There would be no media attention.

Comment

I think a huge question is, what outlets would cover the GAC? You would have all the schools, their local newspapers, and probably the state newspapers. That's it. Then you would have the twitter heros that cover the D2 as side gig. I think at the D2 level you have to open it up to fans that also want to attend. Maybe they won't be able to ask questions, but would probably make for a great event.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X