Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GAC COY

The Coach of Year is usually named during the 2nd or 3rd weekend of November along with naming of the All-Conference Teams. The honor goes to the head coach for his team’s performance during the regular season. As much as I’d like to see Harding’s HC, Paul Simmons, get it, I think we would all agree that 2nd year coach Tyler Fenwick at Southeastern deserves recognition for taking a 1-10 team to possibly 9-2 during a pandemic, no less. What do you all think? Who deserves it most this year?

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
    The Coach of Year is usually named during the 2nd or 3rd weekend of November along with naming of the All-Conference Teams. The honor goes to the head coach for his team’s performance during the regular season. As much as I’d like to see Harding’s HC, Paul Simmons, get it, I think we would all agree that 2nd year coach Tyler Fenwick at Southeastern deserves recognition for taking a 1-10 team to possibly 9-2 during a pandemic, no less. What do you all think? Who deserves it most this year?
    I have to agree with you! Incredible job by Coach Fenwick!

Comment

100% Fenwick. He should probably be national coach of the year. 1-10 to 9-2? That’s insane.

Comment

Fenwick for sure

Comment

Absolutely.....Tyler Fenwick.

Comment

Typically this award has always gone to the Coach of the team that wins the conference championship, but if all honesty no can argue that there is anyone more deserving then Fenwick at SEOSU. All of this is assuming that SEOSU wins this week, bc if they don't then I could see it going back to old way.

Comment

Al Johnson for coach of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by BisonDOc View Post
                Typically this award has always gone to the Coach of the team that wins the conference championship, but if all honesty no can argue that there is anyone more deserving then Fenwick at SEOSU. All of this is assuming that SEOSU wins this week, bc if they don't then I could see it going back to old way.
                I agree with you Doc. SEOSU’s loss yesterday weakens the case for Fenwick. If everything goes according to Hoyle, it will be Coach Simmons.

Comment

I’ll have to admit I was a little surprised to see Tyler Fenwick named GAC Coach of the Year today. He certainly did a great job in turning around the SEOSU team from 1-10 in 2019 to 8-3 this year but I thought Harding’s Paul Simmons was just much, if not more, worthy for leading the Harding Bisons to the GAC championship. This Coach Simmons first since taking over for Coach Huck in 2017.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X