Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
    I’m curious about SWOSU’s win over SAU. Did SAU’s new offense sputter or is SWOSU’s defense greatly improved from last year? I didn’t get to see the game. Who saw it?
    The SWOSU defense is a lot better than last year for sure. They still gave up just over 400 yards, but they played unbelievably tough. Their red zone defense was great. it was pretty windy, so that probably kept SAU from throwing the ball a lot more, but SAU still ran for over 280 yards on 59 carries. The SWOSU offense finally figured some things out, but the defense definitely bailed the offense out. The true hero of the game was actually our kicker/punter tbh. He was 3/3 on extra points, hit a short field goal, and had not one, but TWO 70+ yard punts downed at the 1 yard line. Granted, it was with heavy wind, but he set a school record with a 79 yard punt with SWOSU up by 4 with 1:30 to play. Never thought I'd see the day we had a good kicker.

The SWOSU QB is good. The WRs we have are good. The OLine is terrible, and the RB's are meh. We will live and die by QB play this year. We tried to shoot ourselves in the foot by muffing two kicks in our own territory, but somehow they pulled through and only allowed 3 points off of that. Our defense will give up a lot of yards, but those kids fly around, pursue well, and played great in the red zone.
    I was very pleased with how hard they played. You can tell how bad they want to win. I'm optimistic for the rest of this year. For what it's worth, with how good Harding's DLine looks, and how bad we are on OLine, I don't think we will score against Harding lol.

My thoughts on SAU were that they are a good football team. Kind of felt like their OC let them down with how run-heavy they went, but their QB missed a lot of throws, our DLine got after him all night, and their WRs dropped some important balls too. Very easily could have went the other way though. They have a VERY good RB in Scales, but I think their best WR didn't play. I don't remember seeing their WR #4 Micah Small. He must have been hurt. The SAU defense played solid too. It was a real dogfight of a football game.

Comment

SAU is a much better ball club than our week 2 showing. Playing on the road can be tough for sure in the GAC. First year coach still working kinks out. Looking forward to the rest of the season though and how this coach will build the program where Bill left off. Defintlely some rebuilding to do though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X