Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBU at UAM

Just had to gripe somewhere. The UAM play-by-play was calling Kendall Givens as Issac Greer for the entire first half. Now, I I can understand if there was an error in the cheat sheet given him or something - they both appear as #34 online - but only one of these two has played FB for us for 3 yrs with over 40 TDs and 2000+ yards. And let's not even get into the 6" and LOTS of melanin differences between the two.

The game? I'm a bit disappointed in the secondary. Lots of very open receivers, though that seems to be the norm. If the UAM receivers hadn't dropped half the balls thrown at them, this would have been a very different game. It could have also been a much better game for OBU if they had put a spy on the QB Brown who could actually run him down. So many plays of him just running rings around the DL and LB corps. Honestly, the best thing he did for us was to try and keep throwing the ball. Two big first downs on penalties was not good. Especially the one that turned a punt into a first down because of 12 men on the field. Special teams overall was outstanding again, except for the two missed FGs. Goodman is usually better than that, but he's had a steady diet of extra points and not many FG tries the past year or so. Looks kinda rusty TBH. Offense did a pretty good job of mixing it up 265 ground, 221 in the air. Kinda felt that after the 21 in the first quarter, they eased up just a touch, but 45 points is still 45 points.

Enough grumbling about a solid win I guess.
    Last edited by MilSF; 09-24-2023, 07:39 AM.

It's hard to complain about a win, especially in a trap game, but Ouachita lacked rhythm on both sides of the ball for a good portion of the game. In truth, we played the way we usually do when we make the trip to UAM. OB Brown was amazing and UAM will win some games as the season rolls on. As far as putting a spy on him, who can keep up with him?

Shout out to Henderson, if the Reddies could have converted on a 4th and goal from the 1 in the first half, it would have dramatically changed that game. HU and HSU is the game of the year so far in the GAC and I enjoyed watching it.

Except for OKBU and ECU, the rest of the games were mind boggling. The lopsided margins in contests that should have been much closer makes picking future games all but impossible. I was shocked that Tech, who seemed to turn things around against HSU, were completely dominated by SAU. I figured the Muleriders would win, but wow. And then there was SEOSU and NWOSU, I again expected the outcome but not the margin. SNU domination stunned me as well. Needless to say. I can't figure out the teams from Oklahoma right now. I need someone in the Sooner state to give me some guidance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X