• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    he's taken us to TWO semi-final games in the past 5 years - not this year though - Bart was off and yes, the O did not adjust at all - they were doubling dodson all day and Bart tends to lock in sometimes - we didn't try any passes to the TE's - not one - the passes down the middle were there sometimes but i think Bart only connect on one - not a good day at all

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    I'm gonna contact the Wayne State AD and urge him to fire Winters and hire Mitchell. A win-win for both schools. We get rid of a loser, hire a better head coach with a winning pedigree and you guys get rid of a guy you don't like.
    I'm on board with that. Make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• WayneStatesman
    replied

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
    Fire Mitchell
    I'm gonna contact the Wayne State AD and urge him to fire Winters and hire Mitchell. A win-win for both schools. We get rid of a loser, hire a better head coach with a winning pedigree and you guys get rid of a guy you don't like.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    How is TA looking now?
    don't be an a$$ - he's the dogs coach and thus not even interested - get a grip or are you just an idiot? - your call

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    How is TA looking now?
    Like cheating garbage...

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    he's taken us to TWO semi-final games in the past 5 years - not this year though - Bart was off and yes, the O did not adjust at all - they were doubling dodson all day and Bart tends to lock in sometimes - we didn't try any passes to the TE's - not one - the passes down the middle were there sometimes but i think Bart only connect on one - not a good day at all

How is TA looking now?

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
    It'll only end when MM takes a D1 asst. job. Maybe CM will hire him if he is still at Miami after the season.:fingers-crossed:
    I agree. I wish some garbage MAC team would hire him already.

Leave a comment:

• 4nick8
    replied

Horrible game plan out of the gate. When does the nonsense end??
    It'll only end when MM takes a D1 asst. job. Maybe CM will hire him if he is still at Miami after the season.:fingers-crossed:

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
    Alright. It's been a while since I've posted on here so here it comes:

Is it just me or is it getting painful to watch these games? I don't like throwing people under the bus, but c'mon. Mitchell has not performed very well in the past few years. Losing to Ferris year in and year out. There were the couple games he nipped them, but for instance, there was no reason they should have lost that game. Supposedly he is a defensive minded coach, but the defense gave up 448 yards (356 on the ground!). Come on, I don't care what level you are, you're not winning games when you give up that much. In addition to that, GV could not move the ball for anything. Had a few chunk plays, but there was no chance to establish the run game.

I get it though. Guys are coming in, graduating on time, and doing well academically, but the job of the head coach is to win games (and more specifically championships). That's not happening.

Baffles me that GV has some of the best facilities in the nation for D2. Getting the renovated and new addition of the football center. Yet GV is losing out on some recruits to Ferris that are right in their backyard.

Personally, I think it's time to find some new leadership for the program. Mitchell has been here for nearly a decade. I get it, he's been to the national semis. But as of late, it doesn't look like a coaching staff that has a plan.

For real though, please let me know what your view point is on the whole coaching staff situation for the GVSU football program. I'm interested to see what others think about it.

At this point I'm rambling, so I think I'll end it there.
    (Also, GV's men and women XC teams won the regional titles for the 17th and 18th straight year, so not all is bad for GV today. On top of that, GV basketball teams are looking good for this year as well.)

As always,
    Go Lakers!

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by blakeadkins View Post
    Couldn't agree more. No adjustments after halftime and terrible playcalling on both sides of the ball. Left Williams in way too long when he could barely stand. Seems like a good time to find a new direction.
    a better time would have been 5+ years ago but better late than never

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by blakeadkins View Post
    Couldn't agree more. No adjustments after halftime and terrible playcalling on both sides of the ball. Left Williams in way too long when he could barely stand. Seems like a good time to find a new direction.
    Horrible game plan out of the gate. When does the nonsense end??

Leave a comment:

• blakeadkins
    replied

Fire Mitchell

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

After that fumble in the endzone, I thought, "Here we go again." Congrats to Jack Richards and Anthony Lane on D, 20 tackles between them. 350 yards rushing! Road Dawgs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
    Alright. It's been a while since I've posted on here so here it comes:

Is it just me or is it getting painful to watch these games? I don't like throwing people under the bus, but c'mon. Mitchell has not performed very well in the past few years. Losing to Ferris year in and year out. There were the couple games he nipped them, but for instance, there was no reason they should have lost that game. Supposedly he is a defensive minded coach, but the defense gave up 448 yards (356 on the ground!). Come on, I don't care what level you are, you're not winning games when you give up that much. In addition to that, GV could not move the ball for anything. Had a few chunk plays, but there was no chance to establish the run game.

I get it though. Guys are coming in, graduating on time, and doing well academically, but the job of the head coach is to win games (and more specifically championships). That's not happening.

Baffles me that GV has some of the best facilities in the nation for D2. Getting the renovated and new addition of the football center. Yet GV is losing out on some recruits to Ferris that are right in their backyard.

Personally, I think it's time to find some new leadership for the program. Mitchell has been here for nearly a decade. I get it, he's been to the national semis. But as of late, it doesn't look like a coaching staff that has a plan.

For real though, please let me know what your view point is on the whole coaching staff situation for the GVSU football program. I'm interested to see what others think about it.

At this point I'm rambling, so I think I'll end it there.
    (Also, GV's men and women XC teams won the regional titles for the 17th and 18th straight year, so not all is bad for GV today. On top of that, GV basketball teams are looking good for this year as well.)

As always,
    Go Lakers!
    Fire Mitchell

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X