Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• options for expansion

I agree with Mk63NuclearBomb regarding the discussion about Northwood leaving. Hear is a new topic to discuss options for expansion.

I'd say teams that have shown enthusiasm for football should be on the list. Lawrence Tech just started a team and Concordia Ann Arbor has done well in the NAIA. Beyond that I have no idea, maybe Trine or another D3 school?

Comment

I think the GLIAC should look for additional teams. I don't think going DI is a good option for GV or Ferris.

Comment

Lawrence Tech, Indiana Wesleyan, Olivet Nazarene, and Saint Xavier (Chicago) have been my picks for GLIAC expansion. I'm prepared for any bashing on these choices. They were the schools with larger enrollments in the area that I felt would be able to make the move.

Comment

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...next-year.html

Probably a down the road possibility here, but if they do get the school off the ground with a decent enrollment and athletics, they could be a decent fit in the league. Detroit has a lot of HBCU alums around town that probably wouldn't mind adopting Lewis as their second team, especially if they can bring in a lot of other HBCU's in as a non-conference games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X