Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    Guys, first game mistakes for sure BUT remember, Mines was ranked 3rd and some of the D2Football columnists had them ranked 2nd - they went to Valdosta last year in the semi's and played tough and only lost by 3 points - their whole team is back - this team will be in the playoffs again looking to get to the NC game - they have several 6th year seniors who came back just to get to the NC game - don't kid yourself, they are good and they weren't going to quit - we made first game mistakes and they capitalized, they made first game mistakes and we capitalized - yes, we got lucky but so did they - that's the game - our QB is good, he's not great - he isn't as good as Mines QB - and that maybe our achilles heel - maybe not - I hope he keeps improving and growing in his game - our D is championship caliber but our O isn't there yet, hopefully they will get there - that's what the season is for - we will see - I will give you coach haters this, I did not like the only 4 man rush at the end of the game more pressure would have been more to my liking but then again, I'm not the coach and he doesn't take my calls on the sideline - peace Laker bros
    Mines is a solid program. Gave Valdosta all they could handle last year in the semifinals, and probably would have matched up well with Ferris. That was a solid program that was there in Lubbers thursday night. They are going to be in the playoffs for sure.

Comment

I was on a flight back to Michigan for most of the game, but so glad we won! I'm definitely buying tickets for next season's game @ School of Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
        Guys, first game mistakes for sure BUT remember, Mines was ranked 3rd and some of the D2Football columnists had them ranked 2nd - they went to Valdosta last year in the semi's and played tough and only lost by 3 points - their whole team is back - this team will be in the playoffs again looking to get to the NC game - they have several 6th year seniors who came back just to get to the NC game - don't kid yourself, they are good and they weren't going to quit - we made first game mistakes and they capitalized, they made first game mistakes and we capitalized - yes, we got lucky but so did they - that's the game - our QB is good, he's not great - he isn't as good as Mines QB - and that maybe our achilles heel - maybe not - I hope he keeps improving and growing in his game - our D is championship caliber but our O isn't there yet, hopefully they will get there - that's what the season is for - we will see - I will give you coach haters this, I did not like the only 4 man rush at the end of the game more pressure would have been more to my liking but then again, I'm not the coach and he doesn't take my calls on the sideline - peace Laker bros
        Idk how you can say that lol That kid cant run and made two throws to WIDE OPEN receivers. He was nowhere near as good as Cade. champgymusa could have made those same throws that kid made.

Comment

Also to all the matt mitchell hate. You guys are clowns.

The guy just beat a top 5 team at home. If they win this week itll be another top 25 victory. GV has a Ferris problem, not a matt mitchell problem.

Do we need to figure that problem out? Absolutely. But to say MM never wins the big games is dumb imo. But of course the same people who are complaining are the same ones who prove time and time again they have no idea what is actually going on during a football game. Keep mouth breathing folks

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Idk how you can say that lol That kid cant run and made two throws to WIDE OPEN receivers. He was nowhere near as good as Cade. champgymusa could have made those same throws that kid made.
            You do realize "that kid" you are referring to as not being very good just went 26-36 (72%) for 350 yards, right? For his career he's 538-760 for 6280 yards, 69 TDs to 13 INTs. I would love to see anyone on this forum go replicate any of these numbers lol. All you really did here was manage to look like a fool and also diminish the talent on the Grand Valley defense. They let a QB that's no better than a fan throw for 350 on them? They must be awful.

I'm not at all a fan of Mines but this was simply too obtuse to not respond to.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You do realize "that kid" you are referring to as not being very good just went 26-36 (72%) for 350 yards, right? For his career he's 538-760 for 6280 yards, 69 TDs to 13 INTs. I would love to see anyone on this forum go replicate any of these numbers lol. All you really did here was manage to look like a fool and also diminish the talent on the Grand Valley defense. They let a QB that's no better than a fan throw for 350 on them? They must be awful.

EXACTLY - you need to listen to MM interview on D2Football.com and the columnists comments - that rag arm QB is one of the top QB's in the nation - he took hits, came back and made clutch throws - some bullet passes right on target - also, I am not knocking Cade, I think he can grow in his decision making which is key to any QB's throws - now, I will agree we had a secondary breakdown on two plays that helped Mines - our young guys in the secondary need to improve greatly but that is a solid D2 QB

Comment

Also to all the matt mitchell hate. You guys are clowns.

The guy just beat a top 5 team at home. If they win this week itll be another top 25 victory. GV has a Ferris problem, not a matt mitchell problem.

Do we need to figure that problem out? Absolutely. But to say MM never wins the big games is dumb imo. But of course the same people who are complaining are the same ones who prove time and time again they have no idea what is actually going on during a football game. Keep mouth breathing folks
                I've shut my mouth about Mitchell after this game. He NEEDS to beat Ferris this year though. We haven't beat them since I was a sophomore at GV.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

I've shut my mouth about Mitchell after this game. He NEEDS to beat Ferris this year though. We haven't beat them since I was a sophomore at GV.
                  Yes, I would like to see them beat Xerris - the D2 talking heads say Xerris wins the first meeting but GV wins in the playoffs - I would like to see wins in both but...

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Again - Mouth breathing must run in your genetics. There wasnt a single play during that game where anyone was like "wow" that was a great throw or play. Take away TWO WIDE OPEN touchdowns and his stats are mediocre. Also when did I say he wasnt very good? I said he doesnt compare to GV's QB, which he doesnt.

Thanks again for taking the time to look up his stats for all of us though. Made your off topic response carry so much more weight.

Comment

Again - Mouth breathing must run in your genetics. There wasnt a single play during that game where anyone was like "wow" that was a great throw or play. Take away TWO WIDE OPEN touchdowns and his stats are mediocre. Also when did I say he wasnt very good? I said he doesnt compare to GV's QB, which he doesnt.

Thanks again for taking the time to look up his stats for all of us though. Made your off topic response carry so much more weight.
                      Show me on the doll where Ferris hurt you.

You're right though, if you just take away certain plays he made then his stats get worse. I would much rather have a QB go 17-29 for 266 1 TD and 1 INT. Dude should just declare for the draft now honestly.
                      Last edited by Turbonium; 09-12-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X