Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confeence Prediction?

I'm new to this board, but I would like to hear from someone who knows the conference a bit. What are the predictions(order of finish, team strengths, team weaknesses, sleepers, etc.)? C'mon someone drop some knowledge or just opinion on what is in store for the conference this fall.

Re: Confeence Prediction?

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
    I'm new to this board, but I would like to hear from someone who knows the conference a bit. What are the predictions(order of finish, team strengths, team weaknesses, sleepers, etc.)? C'mon someone drop some knowledge or just opinion on what is in store for the conference this fall.
    U Indy graduated about 15-20 seniors and think all of them were in the starters/two deeps. Including a four 4 year starters at DE, H-Back and two on the OL. S&T, McKendree and SWBap will all be gunning for them. Still I think they are the team to beat. Bap and McKendree do a great job recruiting. S&T recruits STL well. U Indy seems to recruit guys that develop vs ready to go right away. And doesn't take advantage of the transfer scene much. The transfers they to do get are top notch though. U Indy had a down year 2016 but came back strong last year and playoffs vs Harding had a first down inside the five under a minute to go but fumbled twice and lost that game. So definitely should be back hungry in 2018 and will be in the mix.

Comment

I think S&T does a good job of recruiting in Texas also. I know when they recruited my son the coach that came to our house had been on a 3-5 day road trip in Texas. I think they really zone in on the type of athlete they recruit (engineer) and focus their time there. I don't know how good they will be for certain but I think S&T has high expectations this year. They think they should be solid from what I am hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
        I think S&T does a good job of recruiting in Texas also. I know when they recruited my son the coach that came to our house had been on a 3-5 day road trip in Texas. I think they really zone in on the type of athlete they recruit (engineer) and focus their time there. I don't know how good they will be for certain but I think S&T has high expectations this year. They think they should be solid from what I am hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
          U Indy graduated about 15-20 seniors and think all of them were in the starters/two deeps. Including a four 4 year starters at DE, H-Back and two on the OL. S&T, McKendree and SWBap will all be gunning for them. Still I think they are the team to beat. Bap and McKendree do a great job recruiting. S&T recruits STL well. U Indy seems to recruit guys that develop vs ready to go right away. And doesn't take advantage of the transfer scene much. The transfers they to do get are top notch though. U Indy had a down year 2016 but came back strong last year and playoffs vs Harding had a first down inside the five under a minute to go but fumbled twice and lost that game. So definitely should be back hungry in 2018 and will be in the mix.
          Southwest Baptist seems to do a good job recruiting in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (I believe their quarterback is from DFW), so don't discount that recruiting pipeline. At least there's some decent talent in the STL area to offset the eventual KC area flow to MIAA schools, so that definitely helps McK, S&T and Truman.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X