Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood at Davenport

Getting this fired up.

Davenport looks like they have a strong run defense. With Lindenwood being banged up at RB, this could be a problem.
    Cool Story Bro

Lindenwood will have to rely on Cade Brister to be Mr. Everything again in this game. Davenports defense hasn't shown any signs of cracks.

I picked LU to win a low scoring affair, but there are so many factors playing into this game that LU will have to deal with from a mental standpoint, it has the feel of a game that could get out of hand for the Lions if things don't go right.

Hoping the defense can step up and win us a game here. That would be most ideal.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Just started listening late fourth quarter. At least they got a fg out of that drive and held three and out. LU up three with about six to play. Was worried about their kicking game.
      Last edited by Grizzled LU; 09-28-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Late TD by Davenport puts LU down by four. Now we'll see what this team is made of.

Comment

Well a pick 6 and another interception and LU falls 35-24. They were doing OK til I started listening and posting. Teach me to get involved. Put the curse on 'em.

Comment

Late fade in Jewell game, plus this fourth quarter break down. Troubling. Well, there's always McKendree

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
              Late fade in Jewell game, plus this fourth quarter break down. Troubling. Well, there's always McKendree
              I'll give more in depth thoughts on this (from a more objective perspective), but the Lions let them off the hook.

First 2 games- slow starts doomed them.

Last 2 games- lack of killer instinct let opponent back in game.

Relatively speaking, this is still a young but very talented team. But these are games that should be won. Davenport had some nice players on defense so it's a bit understandable to struggle. But allowing that offense to do what they did in the fourth quarter is inexcusable.

I know this team had high expectations to start the year. Unfortunately, with that loss, any hopes of a playoff birth are more than likely out of the window. The conference title is still within reach and a possible trip to a bowl game.

To be honest, there's no way we keep up with UIndy playing like that. I think Truman's defense is better than Davenports. I think the miners might have the 2nd best offense in the conference. Long story short, the Lions better figure out how to put a full effort together or they may be looking at another 4 win season.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X