Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood at McKendree

On paper this should be a convincing win for the Lions, but after that Davenport game, I'm not certain of anything with them right now.

DU made the Lions look bad late in the game. It seemed like once they figured out what they needed to do vs. Brister, they Lions were helpless.

McKendree is coming off their first win and will be riding high. Turner Pullen showed some promise and Matt Cole finally go going. However, Chowan's defense, as are many CIAA defenses, very bad.

I'm less confident about this game. It has more to do with HOW LU looked vs DU than the actual loss.

I'll have more thoughts in my write up, but LU needs to bounce back big time.
    Cool Story Bro

Sig: a bit off topic, but were you at LU at Mside in I think 08 and who was your qb then?

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
      Sig: a bit off topic, but were you at LU at Mside in I think 08 and who was your qb then?
      I think it was Ben Kisner. I think that was the year before Staback came. Ended up losing to Carrol in the Semifinals if I remember correctly.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Feeling better about this game as it gets closer.

If Lindenwood plays 4 quarters of football, they can play with anyone in the country. I don't think playing for all 4 quarters will be an issue anymore moving forward. This team lost focus for a bit and they ended up paying the ultimate price. No one is going to roll over for them.

I think Brister bounces back with a big game. Nash is back this week and he should help in balancing the attack tremendously.

I imagine Matt Cole will get his touches and he's dangerous enough to do some damage, but he can't do it alone.

Prediction:
        LU 45
        McK 21
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Halftime LU leads 21-17.

Lions offense is having no problems moving the ball up and down the field, unfortunately neither are the bearcats, albeit and a slower pace. LU is getting their yardage in chunks and scoring quickly, while McKendree has been a model of consistency. Both teams have around same amount of yardage, but LU runs around 20 plays, and McK has run around 40.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Can't imagine letting McKendree back into the game over and over again. Defense lacking.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	432073
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

No Brister, no Henneman, no Nash, no Stack...

4 of our best offensive players.

Our defense hasn't stopped them at all.

This isn't looking good.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Fadoul to Gibbons...TD

Lions fans probably remember Fadoul as he got some starts as a true freshman a few years ago.

Gibbons is a speedy transfer from Illinois college.

Lions are deep with talent, but we HAVE to step up on defense!
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

McKendree down 8 on their 2. Let's see something out of this defense. Scary.

Comment

LU finally holds 'em on fourth down. Why don't I feel better about this? Don't know if we belong in the top tier of GLVC. Maybe wedged into slot four.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
                        LU finally holds 'em on fourth down. Why don't I feel better about this? Don't know if we belong in the top tier of GLVC. Maybe wedged into slot four.
                        We'll learn a lot more after next week facing the top defense in the league. Unfortunately it looks like we might not have Brister.

However... I don't feel awful about Fadoul. I have to think he's one of the most talented backups in the league and would compete for a starting spot in every school in the conference aside from UIndy and of course LU.

Having Nash back is HUGE.

If we can get Eric Henneman back next week, that will be HUGE.

The biggest question will be if we can slow down Jaden Barr and the Truman rushing attack. They don't light up the scoreboard but they don't have to. We also have to keep it from Jordan Seigel on special teams.
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X