Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truman at Lindenwood

Tough test for the Lions.

Health of Brister will factor, but Lions defense will be bigger factor if they want the win.
    Cool Story Bro

It will be interesting. I don't know if such things actually motivate college players and teams, but Truman might have a chip on their shoulder about Lindenwood being picked to finish second behind UIndy in the GLVC. Will be interesting to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      It will be interesting. I don't know if such things actually motivate college players and teams, but Truman might have a chip on their shoulder about Lindenwood being picked to finish second behind UIndy in the GLVC. Will be interesting to follow.
      Possibly, but the way the season has played out, I'm not sure anyone would argue that Truman isn't at least the 2nd best team in the conference right now.

With Truman, you'll have to beat them straight up. They aren't going to help you a lot with self inflicted wounds.

I have some thoughts on how this could play out, but il leave it for the column ;)
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Truman pre-game story from the station that covers them: https://www.centralmoinfo.com/2019/1...er-lindenwood/

Includes audio quotes from Coaches Nesbitt and Stugart.

Comment

Well I guess we should be grateful that LU is only down 0-14 at half. Offensively impotent.

Comment

Gee went in to buy a quart of oil and LU pulled it out 28-24. Certainly a tale of two halves and the Lion's first really good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
              Gee went in to buy a quart of oil and LU pulled it out 28-24. Certainly a tale of two halves and the Lion's first really good game.
              Obviously you need to buy oil more often.

Comment

Sorry I've been radio silent since the game!

Been under the weather (before you smart arses assume, I didn't even go out for the celebration festivities afterwards, I was already feeling crappy!)

This may have been the best performance from a mental toughness standpoint I've seen ever from a lindenwood team. I loved how our defense stepped up in the most important moments (just like they did vs. McKendree last week to seal that victory).

Cade Brister is a DUDE. This guy wasn't even healthy but still sets the school completion record and goes for over 300 against one of the best defense in D2. Also, Erik Henneman is unstoppable in the red zone. Everyone of his TD's, the Bulldog DB had great coverage. He's got some of the best hands I've ever seen.

Looking forward to a tough test against Saginaw next week!
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X