Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF SEASON DISCUSSION: Stadiums!

Ok, since I'm the new kid on the block, I figured I'd get to know my way around the place.

Let's start with stadiums. I've actually been to a few of the GLVC stadiums but it's been a LOOONG time. WJ, Rolla, and McKendree for sure. I might have been to Truman and SBU, but I honestly don't remember.

How many have you been too?
    Who's got the best one?
    How would you rank them?
    Who's got the best game day atmosphere?
    How's the tailgating scene?
    Cool Story Bro

Re: OFF SEASON DISCUSSION: Stadiums!

By the way.... no disrespect to the Miners. I know you got 1 more game this coming up Saturday! It's not vs. an MIAA team so I'm allowed to root for you in this one now!
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

crickets

Comment

I visited SBU in 2010. If the stadium facility hasn't improved since then, it is one of the worst I have been to. Their tennis courts etc... looked really good.

Comment

Been to every stadium in the GLIAC and North Alabama's stadium.

Best stadium:. GVSU hands down

Best game day atmosphere and tailgating: GVSU, North Alabama and Saginaw Valley prior to 2006 ish.

Comment

OFF SEASON DISCUSSION: Stadiums!

Truman, Rolla and SBU stadiums were towards the bottom of the conference when they were in the MIAA, but that was years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
              crickets
              One hour and six minutes, Thepeman. Sorry I don't spend every waking moment patrolling the board. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                Ok, since I'm the new kid on the block, I figured I'd get to know my way around the place.
                I've been to: Truman, William Jewell, Southwest Baptist, McKendree, Missouri S&T, and Lindenwood (and Lincoln, if we still care since they're technically gone). Have not been to Quincy since their redesign or Indianapolis.

Who's got the best one?
                Obviously Lindenwood's is the nicest of all, but I really like McKendree's facility -- it's smaller, but it's set up really well. The GLVC has not been set up as a "who has the biggest and best and brightest to outdo the others" league for football, so they're all pretty basic.

How would you rank them?
                1) Lindenwood
                2) McKendree
                3) Truman State (homer pick)
                4) Missouri S&T
                5) Southwest Baptist
                6) William Jewell

Who's got the best game day atmosphere? / Tailgating scene
                This I'm not 100% sure on. For most of them, it appears pretty subpar, but I typically go to games by myself (family stays at home) so I roll up, park and go to the game. I will say Truman's has improved greatly since the 90s, 00s, but I think that's only because they allow tailgating to bypass the university's dry campus policy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Let's start with stadiums. I've actually been to a few of the GLVC stadiums but it's been a LOOONG time. WJ, Rolla, and McKendree for sure. I might have been to Truman and SBU, but I honestly don't remember.

Who's got the best one?
                  How would you rank them?
                  Who's got the best game day atmosphere?
                  How's the tailgating scene?
                  I've been to all the GLIACs current and former. And can comment on my GLIAC positive and negatives plus GLVC U Indy.

I like GLIAC Wayne State best because it has seating up high. Not only a lot of rows but the incline is steep. U Indy same way but less seats. Love how high it goes at Indy. Both have high viewing vantage points to watch the game like it was a D1 setting. The city skyscrapers in view from both is also a plus. Both from the 1970s and not much updated since. I've been at U Indy with 10,000 on hand and they couldn't handle it. Folks standing and sitting and students on the steps. Wanna say I hate all the lines on the U Indy field - lacrosse, soccer??? Looks like an elementary playground. Also don't know why they put the support building on one end of the stadium seats instead of in the endzone. The club seating in the endzone is ridiculous for watching the game. Ashland has a nice support building in the endzone but much of the stadium is about like a Michigan Div 1 high school. Hate the cannon at Ashland. Way too loud for the visitors side to hear at TDs. The older gentleman shooting it has ear protection and the fans don't! I like Hillsdale tailgating. Not many in attendance so has a nice small town feel. A lot of visitor seats is nice. Hate the track around the field. Men's Room near the Hillsdale locker room is also a negative. Grand Valley and Saggy going for that enclosed stadium look but something seems out of place. Grand Valley with a huge video screen but they haven't shown replays when I'm there. Tech with a great small college atmosphere and some upgrades last year but I haven't seen them yet. Love their band. Northern Michigan indoors is a nice change but dry air for the visiting team not acclimated. Makes me thirsty just watching them. Northwood and Findlay have that small college feel that's nice to visit. Ohio Dominican, Eerie, Gannon, Davenport didn't give me that feeling. Ferris would be included here - again hate when the tracks around a field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X