X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIndy HC Retires

https://athletics.uindy.edu/news/201...o-retires.aspx

Re: UIndy HC Retires

So what does this do as far as the outlook on the rest of the conference?

It looks like the GLVC has taken steps in improving the overall strength of the conference from a football conference in recent years with Indy's relative playoff success and S&T's decisive victory in the MWB. The addition of LU next year could help with that even more.

Is this enough to derail Indy's progress, or is there a culture in place that the next coach can simply build upon?
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

https://www.thestarpress.com/story/s...es/2195480002/

Coach Bart was/is one of the good ones. His stubborness to gamble on defense or gamble on offense was legendary. Endless time studying film. D Coordinator at Ball State to Head Coach at U Indy. Made you feel good every time you talked to him. Would punt when behind deep in the 4th quarter and still win games. Hoping they get him to stay around as an Assoc AD or Quality Control for football etc but don't think so.

Comment

Didn't take long to name a replacement:

https://athletics.uindy.edu/news/201...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Congrats to Coach Bart on his time at UIndy and the program he built there!

Comment

Any word on replacement? Know if they're looking internally/externally?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
              Any word on replacement? Know if they're looking internally/externally?
              Chris Keevers see 2 posts above yours.

Comment

Thanks. Anyone seeing any big changes to the program or is Keevers keeping things status quo?

Comment

The staff is staying together so I assume status quo. Indy will be strong again next year the D and O remain mostly intact.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    Thanks. Anyone seeing any big changes to the program or is Keevers keeping things status quo?
                    I'd assume status quo. Keevers has been involved there for a quarter century. Assume he'll work 24/7 like Bart did. Way they do it now got them #11 end of year ranking. Reportedly he has said he plans to recruit quality kids and develop them rather than look for transfers and JUCOs. I said problem with that is they are not going to have experienced guys at every position like strong D2s do. They do have some transfers on the team. Whether graduation or injury, the next guy up at U Indy always seems to be an unexperienced underclassman (on scholie) or an upperclassmen walk on. Seems to be that way for other privates too. So I was impressed by NDC and OBU this year. Keevers told me once they didn't need more grass surface inside their bubble facility (after they donated the playing surface to an innercity school) because it doesn't get very cold/wet outside in Indy. If he plans to make a run deep into the playoffs and have the same practice advantage as the strong schools, he needs more grass in that bubble.

Position-wise I heard the RSJr center might grad early. Hope he decides to play his last year/chance. I'd say the OL lost their best player this year and last. So need to develop there. D Line is one guy short of being strong. Keevers likes to say how many guys he "can use" on the DL. I'd change that to how many will be impact guys and difference makers. That's the number that matters to take the next step. DBs need a total rebuild. RBs strong. QB is a question but should be a pleasant surprise. WRs okay. He probably won't make any major changes offensively, so I'd get the TEs and HBacks the ball. Get a guy at H-Back that catch and run the ball for another threat option. Need more grass in the bubble to develop that. LBs should be okay too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X