• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC 2021 Season Preview

Man, it's been a minute huh?

Welcome to football season!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-2021...ew-2021-08-30/

Thanks for the capsules on all the GLVC teams. You do a great job. Looks like Truman and Lindenwood have some players and still coaches giving respect to U Indy program. Love the QB/TE combo at Truman and Lindenwood a lot coming back plus brought some in. Don't think U Indy program is strong enough to replace and reload receivers trio Bell/Topper/Matio in one season. And dingbat McKeller told we don't need that. Plus I'm still not a believer in their DL that showed up spring schedule. Hope I'm wrong and they make a season out of it. Tiffin looms big on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
      Thanks for the capsules on all the GLVC teams. You do a great job. Looks like Truman and Lindenwood have some players and still coaches giving respect to U Indy program. Love the QB/TE combo at Truman and Lindenwood a lot coming back plus brought some in. Don't think U Indy program is strong enough to replace and reload receivers trio Bell/Topper/Matio in one season. And dingbat McKeller told we don't need that. Plus I'm still not a believer in their DL that showed up spring schedule. Hope I'm wrong and they make a season out of it. Tiffin looms big on the schedule.
      Tiffin will be tough for sure. I wouldn't completely overlook St. Xavier though. NAIA teams have a funny way of reloading with ridiculous talent very quickly, especially the strong programs. Greyhound offense should still be effective, but I think it will be their defense that determines how far they'll go.

I think Lindenwood will show well in the conference again, but there's a very real possibility of them starting 0-2 with St. Angelo and SDSU out of the gate. The Rams defense is good and they return a lot. With Brister not having seen game action for over 600 days, I'd be worried about a slow start. Defensively, the emergence of Weary towards the end of the season elevated the defense a lot. Seers can't do it all on his own.

Very intrigued to see how Nesbitt uses Hair over an entire season. Not only are they strong at TE, but Dante Ruffin has potential to be one of the better receivers in the conference in my opinion.

Comment

Should be an exciting season in the GLVC! Was great seeing two teams make the playoffs in 2019 and hopefully the conference can continue its upward trend. Lindenwood should be the team to beat IMO, but football is a crazy game and anything can happen. A lot of unknowns for lots of teams given the crazy world climate currently, hopefully the season is able to go on without any cancellations. Lots of tough non-conference games within the conference excited to see how well the GLVC is represented.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X