Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Quality depth is one of the most valuable things in D2. If you have it, you have a shot.
    We ran it by the most knowledgeable Sports Med guy we know as far as a working familiarity with GLVC and MIAA football:
    Interesting arguments. I think it is relative to the level you are playing. The difference between level of play in the MIAA and weaker conferences is found in the margins, not top to bottom. And those margins exist in the depth chart. Teams like UIndy and Truman are better prepped to take on MIAA teams early in the season. Later on (like today) depth charts are a much bigger factor. Fact is MIAA is better situated to stack depth because of their relaxed admission standards and cheap tuition that gives partial scholarships much more punch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

We ran it by the most knowledgeable Sports Med guy we know as far as a working familiarity with GLVC and MIAA football:
      Makes sense, sort of.

I mean, I'm not sure an Indy or Truman would be above middle of the pack in the MIAA, partly because of depth, and partly because of overall talent. There is pretty good anecdotal evidence to back that up in playoff results and the fact that Lindenwood went directly from mid tier MIAA to king of the glvc with no break in between. Selective admissions and tuition cost probably have a lot to do with that. Most schools in the country are trying to get students any way they can, not turning them away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X